Team Fortress 2 is free from Friday to Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangelink

Along with the demo/soldier update,Team Fortress 2 is free from late thursday to sunday. If you don't have the game, you should probably try it out- it's pretty fun.

To get it, you need to download steam at http://store.steampowered.com/ then register an account, log in, go to "My Games" and install it.

Last edited:
War update was EPIC. What stinks is that the new crafting update requires 27 sets of three same weapons to get a hat, not to mention that the Spy's watches don't work. Then again, this is for balancement, but still. I want to own another hat. Although I have the Halloween ones and the Fedora(?) hat.
Meh, I'm greedy.

I seem to have some odd issue since the update in which I no longer am able to change my loadout regardless of server or the lack thereof, does anyone else have this problem? I would be commenting on how awesome the new weapons/shiny boots are if I could actually access them.

EDIT: Well, reinstalling team fortress 2 works for anyone else who has this problem.

Last edited:
Oooor, you could have just waited until Valve fixed the server so that inventory started working again.

Both methods work...

Oooor, you could have just waited until Valve fixed the server so that inventory started working again.

Both methods work...
It appeared to only be broken for me, there were people all around me with their shiny eyelanders and direct hits.

And the problem returned the next time I started up the game, soooooo...

Last edited:
Well, the servers are overloaded due to the free weekend and the War! update, so just wait until Monday so the servers lighten up.

I hate the free weekend since it just means free reign to repeated hackers on servers. I'm so sick of fast hwguys with no social skills to speak of.

Erm, what servers do you play on? I don't recall ever witnessing any cheaters during my time with TF2.

The only time I ever ran into a cheater was on cp_orange_x3, so if you saw a speedhacker/aimbotter there, don't worry, it's common for that area.

The thing I hate about every update, however, is that it gives leeway to play that class all the time. Anyone remember the Heavy update? Bad, bad, bad

Last edited:
Erm, what servers do you play on? I don't recall ever witnessing any cheaters during my time with TF2.
Multiplay.co.uk public servers (which are vanilla). I've seen the hacking occur just last night on cp_gorge, and today I ran into some engineer scouts and pyro snipers

Anyone remember the Heavy update? Bad, bad, bad
Heavy update's nothing compared to what the Pyro update was.

What exactly is this update?
Adds 7 new items, 4 for soldier and 3 for demoman. Adds around 2-3 maps and fixes some bugs. Also adds craft system.

Multiplay.co.uk public servers (which are vanilla). I've seen the hacking occur just last night on cp_gorge, and today I ran into some engineer scouts and pyro snipers

Heavy update's nothing compared to what the Pyro update was.

Not really, at least the pyro update had that bug where the pyro couldn't take a small drop or they'd die/be at really low hp.

Adds 7 new items, 4 for soldier and 3 for demoman. Adds around 2-3 maps and fixes some bugs. Also adds craft system.

Don't forget...

[-]December 17, 2009 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

New Content

-Added new control point map Gorge
-Added new capture the flag map Double Cross
-Added item crafting
-Added work-in-progress TF Bots for beta testing in KOTH maps (blog post coming with more info)
-Added headshot death animations
-Added more backstab animations

They're also good for CP, and I heard someone mention they're good for Payload. Just have to prepare the map a bit first (sv_lan 1, start server, sv_cheats 1, nav_generate, wait till server restarts, restart TF2 to get rid of the sv_cheats thing, start server, tf_add_bot, there you go). No CTF though... aside from medics following you, they'll stay in the spawn point and do nothing.

I've never been able to play TF2 online, due to our connection. The last few nights were the first proper games of TF2 I've ever played (or as close to proper as I can get). Finally, I have a use for TF2 other than some extra Garry's Mod stuff.

Also in update:Sandman nerf (Again) and minor improving Spy update (disguises also include unlockables now)(Again).
I was working toward Demo weapons, but got the buff banner. Now if I can actually get the kills to use it. (Soldier least fav. class)

How exactly? Demoman is now> Pyro in single close combat, and Spys are now harder to pick out.

I'm glad you asked, you see, the banner encourages enemy teammates to gather around the soldier, making it easier for you to light them on fire all at once, and with the soldiers having no secondary weapon once they fire their 4 rockets, they're done (Air blast is also more useful against Direct hit rockets). The new melee weapons are just a joke against the pyro, and the the Chargin Targe is all but nullified by the compression blast (Consequently, the Targe forces Demomen to use the grenade launcher, which can be blasted back, Unlike sticky bombs).

I see. Nice thinking. Although a equilized soldier or charged eyelander could still pose a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back