What's your favorite FPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those that read this post may notice that Valve games dominate my favorites.

Single Player...
Really, Half-Life 2 takes that one. It has a good story, the weapon lineup is one of my favorites, the physics system is great, it has tons of awesome mods...
And the Gravity Gun. You can not ask for a more satisfying way to kill something than launching whatever's in your immediete vincinity at it.

Multiplayer...
In terms of "most played", Team Fortress 2. It's hilarious and fun. It has some of the best dialogue and quotes, which is not something you see often in multiplayer FPS's. The melee weapons are actually powerful enough to compete with guns in close quarters, rather than just "I'm out of ammo and I'm desperate"
But in terms of "most fun", Left 4 Dead. The atmosphere is terrific, it pulls off the co-op aspect beautifully, it has great dialogue, it's challenging at higher difficulty levels, and it's an absolute gas to play with friends.
I'd play it more often, but I'm a night owl, and there's usually no one to play with at 1 AM, and I don't typically use the matchmaking system thingy.

Team Fortress 2 (Multiplayer, same reasons as everyone else, really.)
Left 4 Dead (SP and MP, mainly MP)
Half-Life 2 series, best Singleplayer FPS ever.

Where's FoxBlitzz and why hasn't he said anything about Unreal Tournament yet.

And to those who say HL2: I've found Half Life to have rather lacking replay value. It was fun the first time around, but I haven't come back to it because it would be boring the second time. Care to explain why it clocks in at "favorite"?

Unreal Tournament, not that dodgy thing available on the 360 and stuff, I mean 2004, a real man's UT, III has none of the good bits.

Single player:
I would probably go with Garry's Mod, simply because I can do pretty much what ever the hell I want, when ever I want.

Multi player:
Team Fortress 2.
Want to play it stealthy and attack from behind? Be Spy.
Want to be a Russian killing machine? Be Heavy.

Nev3r said:
Splitscreen doesn't mean good by default.
Perhaps I should reinstate:

I'm a twin. My brother is always there. Splitscreen is a necessary feature because games that support two-player are more fun than one-player games. If a game doesn't have splitscreen, I think twice before buying it. (Which, incidentally, is the biggest reason I don't play RTSs. But that's a story for another day.)

fawfulfan said:
Multiplayer: SRB2 Match mode.
You were the first to mention match in this post. You just won.
[spoiler:118472f19e]
win.jpg
[/spoiler:118472f19e]

BlueZero4 said:
Nev3r said:
Splitscreen doesn't mean good by default.
Perhaps I should reinstate:

I'm a twin. My brother is always there. Splitscreen is a necessary feature because games that support two-player are more fun than one-player games. If a game doesn't have splitscreen, I think twice before buying it. (Which, incidentally, is the biggest reason I don't play RTSs. But that's a story for another day.)
I see no problem on buying the game twice for each one. My brother has a Steam account with TF2 and GMod as well so we can play in internet servers at the same time, not just in LAN. If you don't want to spend money, then that's another story.

Okay, so you'd recommend buying another 360 just so we can do system link? That's not funny.

Oh right you're a PC gamer harhar

BlueZero4 said:
so you'd recommend buying another 360
I never said that, although I don't see any problem with it.
BlueZero4 said:
just so we can do system link?
Now that you mention the system link, I think it's a good idea.

Wait no you'd need two TVs

So tell me, did you really read my previous post?
Nev3r said:
My brother has a Steam account with TF2 and GMod as well so we can play in internet servers at the same time, not just in LAN.
You should have taken in mind that we wouldn't mind if we had to buy another computer. (In fact, we both have our own already)

Call Of Duty: World At War.
I like it because of it's historical theme, I love playing through battles in WWII, now they just need to make one based on World War One.

I like Sauerbraten. It's free, open source, has great graphics, and runs on Linux. What more could you ask for?

Single-Player: Half-Life 2

Muliplayer: Halo (KILL ME NAO). I have yet to play Team Fortress 2. I heard that it is better than Halo, too bad my PC can barely play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back