SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does no one use the a button on their map on srb2 doom builder in 3d mode, it arranges the textures so it looks all nice rather than half a texture to another half a texture =/

Silent_Snipe said:
Why does no one use the a button on their map on srb2 doom builder in 3d mode, it arranges the textures so it looks all nice rather than half a texture to another half a texture =/

Don't say that no-one uses it, because you don't know if anyone has used it... Sometimes I use it...

And Hyperknux, why do you always put in the gamedata in the zip? The WAD doesn't work for me unless I delete the gamedata so the game can make a new one...

Monster Iestyn said:
Don't say that no-one uses it, because you don't know if anyone has used it... Sometimes I use it...
It wasn't suppose to literally mean everyone but most new maps been made people aren't aligning the textures and all it takes is a simple click of a button =/

Superusuario said:
Because you can't move in 3-D mode.

Oh that's funny! It seems you didn't even bother to try looking for the right keys for which to move with. Sector drawing in 3D mode is pretty cool too...

Ice said:
Superusuario said:
Because you can't move in 3-D mode.

Oh that's funny! It seems you didn't even bother to try looking for the right keys for which to move with. Sector drawing in 3D mode is pretty cool too...
and the best way to get a idea of what it would look like playing it unlike making it and just imagining what it would be like

You're workin with an okay mod. It just that it was too much enemies in every level and I don't like where the level exits are. Try not to place enemies near starposts and beginning of the levels where you can easily get hit but you did give it good effort.

RevolutionDX said:
You're workin with an okay mod. It just that it was too much enemies in every level and I don't like where the level exits are. Try not to place enemies near starposts and beginning of the levels where you can easily get hit but you did give it good effort.

Yes, I'm working on limiting the enemies. However, this mod isn't supposed to be a really easy one. It has to have a challenge. And there isn't any near any of the mod's stages checkpoints.

Most Ideas I draw on paper before makin git on here. It's pretty easy in my way of designing, although it does change.

And Monster Iysten. I said this when Icy City was released. Don't put the gamedata, with the wad in the same file or it won't work.

I've noticed that at the end of Mineral Valley, Act 2, you forgot to use the "lower unpegged" flag for the grass edge right next to the exit.

Hyperknux said:
Well, levels get bigger as we make then in single player, but it's the theme & music is how I see good & better levels as well as making them bigger.
Just because you can create a better theme or make a longer level doesn't mean the level itself is better. You really should try to improve on gameplay as well.

BlueZero4 said:
Hyperknux said:
Well, levels get bigger as we make then in single player, but it's the theme & music is how I see good & better levels as well as making them bigger.
Just because you can create a better theme or make a longer level doesn't mean the level itself is better. You really should try to improve on gameplay as well.

But if you plan it right, and making something different along the way whenever it's new gimmicks, new challenging routes, and making the level last longer in gameplay, you get more of sucess in my view.

Hyperknux said:
BlueZero4 said:
Hyperknux said:

But if you plan it right, and making something different along the way whenever it's new gimmicks, new challenging routes, and making the level last longer in gameplay, you get more of sucess in my view.
Yea i like challenges as long as its not to cramped but i see your point.

I've starting more work on World 7, and thinking about more custom objects, and scenery, and also design changes. Ones I have planned are.

.Blue Gargoyle
.Palm trees.
.Big edits, or possible revamp of Green Peaks act 1.

w00t! I finally got some free time to try out the new beta yesterday and played through the whole thing in one sitting. :D Excellent work Hyperknux, I like the new orange springs and the Sand Kingdom Zone. The quick sand is really easy to fall into, but other than that Sand Kingdom is a great addition to the map pack. The revamped bosses are a nice improvement, and I'm glad you made level select easy to earn. :)
Is it just me, or does Ice City lag less than it did in the last beta? Also, I haven't tried out Arid Oasis yet, but I think there is another map using the same name.

Thanks for your feedback Dr.Pepper. The quicksand is a bit fast, so I'll try and tone the speed down a small bit in some sections. The orange springs were quite easy to make, and the boss revamps didn't take long to do either ^_^

Icy City shouldn't lag at all in netgames unless someone in the netgame is lagging it since me & a friend tested it in a private netgame before I released it.

Arid Oasis is a nice 2D stage. It's worth trying once you get 15 emblems :P. Also, once the 7th world is out. The level select is available when you get all 7 emeralds, and beat the game on normal or above.

Hi again... Just so you know, I have played through the recent mod; I just need to post my comments here. You did come up with total revamps of certain levels, so that might throw me off here. I just hope I remember to post my stuff here.

EDIT: After saying that, I decided to do the Green Peak levels and Mineral Valley levels and comment on them for now.

Green Peak Zone, Act 1: 7/10
No real significant changes since I last judged this except for the orange spring at the end, plus you put in red flowers for a nice touch. My score remains unchanged.

Green Peak Zone, Act 2: 7/10
No changes to this level either; however, I'm giving you a 7 instead of a 6 this time--after quite a few times in this level, I've gotten used to the cluster of enemies towards the end, so for me, it looks like a better level now.

Green Peak Zone, Act 3: 6/10
The level's the same, so the score's the same.

Mineral Valley Zone, Act 1: 6/10
I still think you should move that red spring so that it's easier to get on the platform. Also, I can't really see why you have that small cave leading to a room with spikes except maybe for a possible Sonic or Knuckles emblem... you may have to help me out with that.

Mineral Valley Zone, Act 2: 8/10
No need to make too many changes to this level. I just recently noticed that you fixed the sky wall panel. Cool. Well, moving on...

Mineral Valley Zone, Act 3: 7/10
I like the revamp here. The level's smaller than before, plus the tree in the middle makes it slightly more challenging. All in all, it's better than before.

EDIT 2: Yayness, I'm doing Magma Cavern and Icy City naoz.

Magma Cavern Zone, Act 1: 6/10
I can see purpose for a few particular dead ends, but until I figure out what they are really for, I'll keep my score the same.

Magma Cavern Zone, Act 2: 7/10
I can see this being somewhat brutal on Sonic players, mainly because of the falling lava at the beginning and the tiny platforms at the very end. I say it's still the same otherwise.

Magma Cavern Zone, Act 3: 7/10
No change since last time, so no change to the score.

Icy City Zone, Act 1: 8/10
No changes, though now that I think about it, the red Crawla near the first checkpoint may be too close, and you might end up with a cheap kill, so at least take a look at that and see if it needs to be fixed.

Icy City Zone, Act 2: 8/10
I dropped the score because the red Crawla near the first checkpoint here are definitely too close, so starting from there results in a cheap kill if you're not ready for it. No cheap kills allowed, k? Also, I keep forgetting to bring it up, but... there is a floating fence piece towards the end of the level. O_o Speaking of which, I forgot to mention the floating grass at the endsign in MVZ2. Both are minor visual glitches, but it does look strange to see them mysteriously floating at the ceiling, right?

Icy City Zone, Act 3: 6/10
I still think you should make the platforms in the center bigger, but then again, this is the fourth boss level we're talking about.

EDIT 3: Here's Metal Mechanism and Sand Kingdom!

Metal Mechanism Zone, Act 1: 6/10
Still the same from last time... NEXT!

Metal Mechanism Zone, Act 2: 7/10
Still a good level, can't find anything wrong right now, maybe make the passages a little less cramped? I don't know.

Metal Mechanism Zone, Act 3: 7/10
Loads better than what you had before. It's just that I think it's too big, and a lot of space is just plain wasted. It also makes for too much sludge to try to get out of.

Sand Kingdom Zone, Act 1: 6/10
The crushing platforms in the alternate path are a little too fast, meaning one false move between the two kills you. On the positive side, there is a good amount of alternate paths making for repeated gameplay.

Sand Kingdom Zone, Act 2: 6/10
Haven't found the emerald yet after four tries of this level... but I digress. Plenty enough of enemies, challenging platforms, and great scenery, too. It just makes for nice gameplay.

Sand Kingdom Zone, Act 3: 7/10
Nice sixth boss. I like the fact that you put in some quick quicksand. (I should've worded that differently, huh? >_<) Good size of a level, and just great all around.

Overall Average: 6.78
Whoa, a huge improvement by .5! Now this mod is going somewhere! I can't wait for Galaxy Fortress to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back