SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morph said:
Wow, I expected nothing and got three decent zones! :D
After the first time playing through it I could say that I liked everything I saw except for two things in the second zone:

1. This path in the very beginning leads into a dead end
srb20003xz5.png

I like the way you put in the scenery. Those lily pads in the second zone were a good idea. Keep up the good work.
^___^

I got to the end with both paths.

Yes, because from beta 2 onwards. A spring path was added, but you needed to bust down 2 walls first to find them since I did add something in the pathway of the springs :P.

Ok, big friggin bump alert, part of it is more of an update.

The 6th beta is not far from being released. I almost finished Sand Kingdom act 2, and need to do the boss level for it as well, not forgetting to add emblems as well, and the scenery fixing in some statges as well.

So far, this is what I got done.

-Got 2 custom scenery objects in the mod.
-Orange Spring added into the mod.
-Sand Kingdom act 1 finished.
-Completely revamped 2 boss stages. Metal Mechanism & Mineral Valley's
-Got Arid Oasis in as one of the unlockables. I also fixed a few bugs on there as well.

Got to do.

-Finish off act 2 & do act 3 of Sand Kingdom zone.
-Add the emblems.
-Add more scenery to some of the stages.

I also heard from some people that the download link is invalid. I'll add a new one up now, so it should be up on the first post of the mod topic.

Good job almost finishing beta 6, can't wait for it to be finished. I have a question though,
What are you gonna do after beta 6? Are you gonna do a 7th zone or are you gonna improve the current ones?

O_o Sand Kingdom looks ALOT like a desert level I'm working on.

Anyways, it looks good, keep up the good work!

DDMMCC said:
Good job almost finishing beta 6, can't wait for it to be finished. I have a question though,
What are you gonna do after beta 6? Are you gonna do a 7th zone or are you gonna improve the current ones?

Most likely both.

And in case I haven't said it yet, this mod is amazing. Keep it up!

Thanks for feedback guys ^_^. Sand Kingdom act 2 is almost completed. It needs a bit more done, then the boss stage will be made.

Yes, there will be 7 worlds in the entire mod. Plus a secret area for Sonic players. I also revamped Mineral Valley's Boss satge different compared to the last design. You'll see it when I release it soon.

This is great news Hyperknux. :D I can't wait for the 6th beta of one of my favorite map packs. I like the pics of Sand Kingdom, we need more map packs with deserts in them. The orange springs sound interesting, I can't wait to see them in action.

Dr.Pepper said:
This is great news Hyperknux. :D I can't wait for the 6th beta of one of my favorite map packs. I like the pics of Sand Kingdom, we need more map packs with deserts in them. The orange springs sound interesting, I can't wait to see them in action.

Bah Pay attention.

It can be either. Hyperknux, Hyper, HK, Knux.

Anyways, I can't wait to release this myself. I'm hoping to get this done by the end of the week if I can depending on my work rate, or it could be done much quicker. You don't know, but ther latest should be by next sunday.

Sorry for the bump, but big announcement.

Beta 6 of Chaos Twilight is out now! check out the recent updates, and new download link on the first post of the topic. Go crazy guys =D

Yay! Downloads liek teh speed of sound.

Review coming soon, perhaps.

Well...The best mod i've ever seen.

Ratings:No ratings until i complete it.

Bugs:Sure i have!
1:Mispelling.
srb20003-4.png

You said "Yoy"instead of"You"
More bugs coming soon.

I don't know if the first zone is going to be scrapped or whatever, but I am going to comment on a particular part of it. In the picture below, I think the pit should be deeper and use half light blocks as an indicator that its a death pit. Yeah its minor, but I think it looks nice.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7227/srb20000mt5.png

As for the rest of it, I would have to play more of it.

My biggest problem is that the sheer mediocrity of these levels makes it feel like there really isn't anything tangible here. It seems like you're not growing from these levels as you're making them.

That said, I really, really liked Icy City's theme & music choice. I thought the sewers were out of place and didn't fit the mood.

Torgo said:
I don't know if the first zone is going to be scrapped or whatever, but I am going to comment on a particular part of it. In the picture below, I think the pit should be deeper and use half light blocks as an indicator that its a death pit. Yeah its minor, but I think it looks nice.

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7227/srb20000mt5.png

As for the rest of it, I would have to play more of it.

@Torgo: Parts are still being edited, but compared to the last beta, some things have changed, but in the next beta, I might extend the underground areas in both Green Peaks acts 1 & 2, and make the pit in act 1 more deeper.

@Superusuario: Thanks for spotting that spelling mistake. Need to fix it.

@BZ4: Well, levels get bigger as we make then in single player, but it's the theme & music is how I see good & better levels as well as making them bigger. Glad you liked Icy City though, and you said me making 7 zones wasn't going to happen in sigsevcafe. I'm afraid you're wrong there since it's going to happen no matter what :P

@Light the elementa: The orange spring is a neutral stat based spring. as the yellow spring goes up to 384 francunits, the blue going 120 (correct me if I'm wrong) and the red going up to 1024 francunits, the orange one goes up to roughly 630 francunits so it's quite a fair stat spring.

Thanks for all feedback so far guys ^_^

light the elementa said:
Sorry, and thanks. I just realized that the orange spring was discussed on page 10...

Well I thought I'd say it since only a few people knew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back