Final Fantasy, The Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I conducted a search but there are topics for specific Final Fantasy games. This topic is for the whole series.

Anyone played any of the Final Fantasy games? I have only played and owned FFVII and FFXII (Yeah I suck as a fan :P).

I'm kinda hyped up for the new one, FFXIII to come out.

I really enjoy the music throughout the series.

1, 3 and 6 are the best. 4, 9 and 11 are alright. 2 and 7 are trash.

14 will hopefully be my next MMO.

Nobuo Uematsu is a good composer, yes.

The series appears to be terribly long-winded. Between 11 console RPGs, an MMO, and countless spin-offs, I'm waiting for #13 before making any decisions on the series.

Furyhunter said:
1, 3 and 6 are the best. 4, 9 and 11 are alright. 2 and 7 are trash.

14 will hopefully be my next MMO.

Nobuo Uematsu is a good composer, yes.

You didn't say anything about 10. D:

Anyways, I don't really like the DS ports. As the framerate is horrible. D:

Im with KH not FF. FF Has the huge circle of scrawny pretty haired boys with big swords (cause they're missing One)

If you like Action RPGs, like me, you can always check out the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The DS games remind me of Zelda in a way.

7 is overrated, but good
8 is better (My personal favorite, but only because I grew up playing it)
10 was good.

First off I will tell you that I have played:

FF I
FF II
FF III
FF IV
FF Mystic Quest
FF V
FF VI
FF VII
FF Tactics
FF VIII

Out of all of these my favorites are:
FFVII
FFVI

Final Fantasy VII took a MUCH different approach to the series than all the previous, and that's one reason that many who loved the classics absolutely hate VII. However, I find it extremely interesting. It's fun and the story will make you think quite a bit if you take the time to examine it carefully.

FF VI is just leagues beyond all the others for SNES in my opinion. The story is great, and the music - as always - is wonderful. I loved the Celes opera section...

As for Chrono Trigger...it used to be one of my favorite RPGs, but once I played Chrono Cross, Trigger's story and thematic elements just seemed so shallow in comparison. Also, although I love the music in Trigger, I think Cross's outshines it. Now...for the interesting part. I hate Chrono Cross's gameplay. I absolutely hate it. I find it boring. I love Chrono Trigger's gameplay. But I believe that Chrono Cross's story, music, and atmosphere make it better than it's predecessor.

I've been a fan of FF, and played a few of their games(Not all) and I liked pretty much all the ones I played, and I can't wait for FF 13.

I have played countless FF games and I would have to say FF6 is the best out off the bunch for me mostly because of the fact the villan is crazy and actually destroyes the world somewhat.
As for the chrono games, I never like trigger that much (dont know why, it just felt like I was playing a dragon ball game for some reason) but cross is an outstanding game.
As for my opinions for 13 and 14, I couldn't really say anything as 12 wasnt that good for me, and I really dont get why they anounced FF14 before 13 even came out, and I dont own a 360 so I cnat try 13 untill I somehow grow a 360 from somewhere.

Overall as a series they are outstanding games for people who have the free time, people who want frantic action all the time wouldnt find much in these games but people who like a good story should try these out.

6 Is arguably the best.

super said:
dragon ball game

It had designs from Akira Toriyama, the creator of dragon ball(Not to mention... Chrono himself is a dead give away).

I hate VI. Damn luck based battles. I have beaten I, but not II, not IV, beaten V, not VI, not VII, VIII, IX, X, not XI (MMO), and XII.

V is the best. Fuck all you VII fans.

Would Kingdom Hearts be considered an FF game?
If it is than yes those are the best of em all...

But i seriously heard from my friend who played them all that there is more drama and love scenes than any other game he played.

Kingdom Hearts doesn't count, because Kingdom Hearts is terribad fanservice after the first game.

Furyhunter said:
Kingdom Hearts doesn't count, because Kingdom Hearts is terribad fanservice after the first game.

What? It wouldn't be considered a final fantasy game in the first place. Just because it has you meeting cloud and fighting seprioth doesn't mean its a FF game.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they don't live in Disney World either.

MetalGear said:
Would Kingdom Hearts be considered an FF game?
If it is than yes those are the best of em all...

But i seriously heard from my friend who played them all that there is more drama and love scenes than any other game he played.

Kingdom hearts sucks, most of the combat in the game is smashing the square button hoping the enemies attack donald or goofy long enough for you to get off a heal. In addition, more drama and love scenes don't necessarily make a story better... Not to mention I can't take the story seriously with all the terrible FF appearances and donald and goofy overreacting and under-reacting to every scene.

Jurai_Madman said:
I hate VI. Damn luck based battles. I have beaten I, but not II, not IV, beaten V, not VI, not VII, VIII, IX, X, not XI (MMO), and XII.

V is the best. **** all you VII fans.

I used to like V the most(Mainly because of the job system), then I started to drift out to the others. V is great, but a little too short and shallow game and story wise.

yea but im not so great with games which have turn-based battles either....I like to have that feeling when that when i lose, its my fault, not the messed up turn-taking events.

IX and X have been the only two in the main series i could get into (i loved IX).

Though, the only one i could say i disliked was XII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back