Wii Broke Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
Okay, so recently, my Wii broke down, and I can't play any disc games. Now, I'm trying to move all my save data to an SD card, but some games won't move. Here's a list of the games that won't work.
  • Super Smash Brother Brawl
  • Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk
  • NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
  • Sonic and the Black Knight
  • Sonic Colors
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
  • Samba De Amigo
Why don't these games work?

Well, if it's THAT many games that are not working, then there must be something wrong with your Wii.

This happened to me before, your disk drive in the wii broke (maybe the lens had too much stress). You should call Nintendo Tech Support and ship the Wii to Nintendo. They should just fix the drive and ship it right back to you without losing you save files (but you never know, they might just give you a brand new Wii). And what Katnint said is true, wii games that use Wifi cant move the save files because of Friend Codes and maybe the dev doesn't want you to download a save file online. Hope you get your Wii fixed with your save files!

All Wii games that use WiFi have unmovable saves. Trust me, I've tried to move them and no luck. :P

You can move them using homebrew apps like Priiloader and GeckoOS.

There was one app that did this specifically, but I'm not sure where it is anymore.

You can move them using homebrew apps like Priiloader and GeckoOS.

There was one app that did this specifically, but I'm not sure where it is anymore.

A certain version of Gecko uses a rebooter app that lets you copy those kinds of saves.

Softmodding your Wii is

1. Easy

2. Relatively harmless

3. a great way to play homebrew stuff.

It DOES void your warranty tho, so if you are going to trade your wii in, don't do it.

If the disk reader no longer reads disks you can

1. Get a disk reader cleaner at gamestop or something

2. Take your Wii apart, and re install a new disk cleaner/hire a 3rd party person to do it for you.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I think I'll go tell my parents about sending it to Nintendo. Is it free and all for the repairs (I think not)?

When'd this turn into a help forum anyway? Well, not to make another topic:

I bought an Xbox 360 controller for my PC some months ago, and it worked fine until the batteries ran dry, so I went and changed the batteries for fully loaded ones, and when I pressed the center button, it didn't work, I switched the batteries' position to all the possible ways they could go and nothing happened, any tips?

Ps: It is a wireless controller, and I don't want to buy another, they're fucking expensive here (About 700 BsF, wich is 2/3 the minimal wage). And there's no technical support where I live.

Oh gosh this happened to my wii twice! The first time I was playing a game, then I wanted to change them (after 2 hours of gameplay) and I found I suddenly couldn't play any games at all! Had to beg mom to mail it off to nintendo with my money! Then just two weeks ago the same problem happens, only this time I played for like 20 minutes and I can't play any games anymore. Instead I would hear a clicking sound when my wii tried to read a game. Are the disk drives in all systems like this, or maybe the wii just sucks that bad.

Oh gosh this happened to my wii twice! The first time I was playing a game, then I wanted to change them (after 2 hours of gameplay) and I found I suddenly couldn't play any games at all! Had to beg mom to mail it off to nintendo with my money! Then just two weeks ago the same problem happens, only this time I played for like 20 minutes and I can't play any games anymore. Instead I would hear a clicking sound when my wii tried to read a game. Are the disk drives in all systems like this, or maybe the wii just sucks that bad.

Nope. Mine works fine and has done since Febuary 2009. (when I got it)

When did you buy your Wii? I hear D-32 drives are a real bitch. Anyways, softmodding is the only solution. Whenever you play a game that has WiFi support for the first time, it saves your friend code into your save file. Nintendo won't allow you to copy your friend code as it is very exploitable and they only allow everyone to have one unique friend code. If you have System Menu 4.2 or under, I'd go ahead and give Bannerbomb a try but if you have 4.3 you're screwed. I wish you luck, as those Wii games you have kick ass, I'd be disappointed to not be able to play those.

This happened to me not to long ago, and i really didin't want to send my Wii in as it was hacked and because of the money. So i looked on Youtube for a way to fix it, and i found this one where you take a regular CD/DVD-R Disc (Kind you put in COMPUTERS not like some actually CD or DVD) and you cut out a rectangular piece of cardboard and tape it on to the end of the Disc as a holder. Then you get a bandaid, and fold the sticky parts to the back, and take the Shinyish layer off so only the pure cotten is exposed and put it inbetween the Center where the hole is and the edge of the disc, the side that's opposite of the holder. THen you just take some Rubbing Alchohol and put 2-3 drops on the Cotten part of the bandaid, and turn your wii on, then put THIS disc in so the bandaid is where the the lens reads the game, then with the handle you jiggle the disc around, basicly cleaning the lens. So i actually tried this, and guess what? It actually worked! I was so stoked that it worked, i began playing Brawl for the first time in long while. I was pretty happy with the outcome. Especially because it didn't cost me a single cent.

Since we are discussing problems people are having with the Wii, I might as well say mine. I can't play Super Mario Sunshine on my Wii because when I press the button on the Gamecube controller to spray the water, no water comes out. The interesting thing is that he does a pose as if he is letting water out. I'm stuck with this problem for a year. Any suggestions?

Works on my Wii.

Are you sure you're not pressing B instead of R? B is the button to pick things up. He does that pose thing if you press B and there's nothing to pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back