Mighty the Armadillo WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

After fighting laziness for about a month, Mighty the Armadillo is finally finished! :D It's the only WAD that I've had the least help with, and my first one to feature head movement in the walking frames. This is also my first WAD that doesn't include an alternate version, shocking indeed! :O
Take note that Mighty handles differently from Sonic in both ability and acceleration, so don't be surprised by how slow he is to get going. Although in the long run he can still keep up with Sonic, and take advantage of his Double Jump ability to reach places that Sonic normally can't.
Also, just in case the question comes up, Mighty does not have a super form in this WAD, or even in Knuckles Chaotix for that matter.

The download:
Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmoe1d3edtt
SRB2FFH:
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/688MightyRE_Final4.zip

Screen shots:

Standing:
srb20022-5.png

He can change colors properly, despite red being the sprites' actual colors. :)

srb20025-2.png

Falling:

srb20016-5.png

Bubble breath frame:

srb20020-5.png

Running:

srb20024-2.png

Standing over the edge:

srb20018-3.png

Wow. That was quite a sudden release. I download it when I get home (I'm typing this at school).

mephiles576 said:
Nice job. Finally a decent Mighty wad. 5/5 Keep up the good work, pepper!

Why a 5/5?

I'd give it a 9/10..

Awesome job, just like the real mighty!

Chrome said:
You know you still spelled Mighty wrong near his life head?
*screams and stabs self*
...and to think spelling is one of my strong points. >_< Anyway, it's fixed now, so all of you will have to redownload it. Will update the screenshots when I can.

Slight problem, I noticed on his side and front diagonal standing frames there was still some red, and some with one of the back diagonal frames in jumping.

Oops, I meant to fix that red you mentioned Senku, man I rushed this release big time, >_< sorry about this. Why has this always happened to my WADs? D:
Conicpp said:
You're just a factory. Now for SonicRE!
I want to get started on Sally first, but she won't be too hard...to the point that I can work on her and SonicRE at the same time! =P

UBER EDIT:
Updated the screen shots and the WAD for the last time, he should be changing colors perfectly now.

This character feels fresh, both in terms of the graphics and gameplay. Mighty's a cool Sonic character already, and the double jumping is what makes all the difference in Match and CTF. I find it just a tad disappointing that Mighty has shoddy air movement, but I really have nothing to complain about otherwise.

travishedge said:
Why don't you give him a wall jump like the senku character.

Because, as Senku created that ablilty, it would be stealing to use it without his permission, and he wants it to be only for Senku, so no.

BlazingPhoenix said:
Because that's a SOCCED move and SOC moves suck. (at least I think so anyway)

Why do you think they suck exactly? It's more original than double jump and it allows a few wads to work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back