Suggestions

I think there should be a reboot command that restarts the entire game and removes any previously added mods in the process. That way I don't have to exit the game and start it back up again just to go into record attack. That might seem a bit lazy, but the quit command is already in the game. I don't see why a reboot command would be so bad.

I support this.

Since the techno hill boss doesn't really fit with the rest of the stages anymore, can I suggest the train slowly fills up with goo as you fight him. If the goo reaches a certain point he can go into his pinch phase early.

Since the techno hill boss doesn't really fit with the rest of the stages anymore, can I suggest the train slowly fills up with goo as you fight him. If the goo reaches a certain point he can go into his pinch phase early.

You're just making the boss slightly more tedious than it needs to be.

This boss's stage should just be entierely scrapped and remade from scratch. I mean this boss is so easy, it never attacks! Unless you classify the hopping and the fact that it leaves hurting goo on the floor, which doesn't even make sense since 2.1! Even GFZ3 is a bigger threat for the player (especially since the 2.1 update and the spikeballs.) Sure this is just a boss battle, it completes in... 1 minute and isn't that much for the game, but still...

...I should try to make this as a custom boss one day, as I have some ideas.

Egg Slimer is probably the best boss in the game and we'd be foolish to drastically redesign it. The reason is that the boss has a simple, easy to understand attack pattern that's actually challenging for newbies but becomes faster and faster to complete as you gain skill at it. The only real problem with it is that we still haven't fixed the trick where you stand still on his route and have him come to you.

While older players comment on the slime hurting, I've never seen any new player have any problems with that, since they see the boss throwing it around and assume that if the boss is doing that it must be bad to touch it. We should eventually get around to changing its color like in Chemical Plant, but there's nothing wrong with it as it is. The arena is also dated and ugly, but that's not a gameplay concern at all.

Change the Egg Slimer arena to start in some sort of elevator shaft and somehow transition to... whatever explanation for transitioning between THZ and DSZ we're using? What if in the event of an elevator, after beating Egg Slimer the elevator crashes through the floor?

I think the problem honestly is that, with the first boss buffed, there seems to be very little if even any difficulty curve between the first and second bosses. If there is any curve at all, it's probably unnoticeable because I've played for so long. The curve seems even more diminished due to all the buffs on the first boss, and only a negligible buff to the Slimer's pogo attack. You should probably at least buff the Slimer like you buffed the Egg Mobile - keep the general concept but just fool with how it's executed. Like how the lasers and charge attack were still kept on the Egg Mobile, yet they were modified to add more of a challenge - that's what the Egg Slimer needs, but I've got no ideas.

Also, I'm completely in favor of changing the Slimer slime's color.

Last edited:
The first boss is slightly overtuned, not the second boss being undertuned. The spikeball attack on the first boss needs a much longer cooldown before he uses it again, giving the player plenty of time to attack. The second boss only needs the exploit where you stand still fixed. Otherwise it's perfectly fine.

On the subject of the first boss: I want to add that it needs some sort of check to prevent it from flying into the stratosphere.

That preventing of flying would make the game play a lot faster and more fun in my opinion.

I have two little suggestions:
DSZ3 boss needs some fixes (or something) because it's unfair in my opinion. I mean unfair, because in the last lives it's very hard to know who is the right Eggman. It's crazy and a bit lucky because the middle one is always completely black.

And another suggestion is a reformed competition game mode. I think competition would be more fun if every player would just complete the level and give their states visible to others. Then ping wouldn't matter. The only differences to the original are that the ghosts of players with high ping would seem to come a little bit late. Now it's all about ping. Not skills or training.

Last edited:
I found that if you can't reach eggman from where you are, just jump in the water near where the spring is. that will make him try and shock you and re scramble his position. useful if you don't want to bother chasing him around.

Anyway I still kinda want to see goo introduced into the second boss's arena. Heck, if you make it so the ground he flies over while circling is a pool of goo that would alleviate the problem of just waiting for him to come to you.

Anyway I still kinda want to see goo introduced into the second boss's arena. Heck, if you make it so the ground he flies over while circling is a pool of goo that would alleviate the problem of just waiting for him to come to you.

That's a neat idea. I approve. It'd give that stage some good visual variety as well.

Heck, if you make it so the ground he flies over while circling is a pool of goo that would alleviate the problem of just waiting for him to come to you.
No it wouldn't. Remember that you can still stand on goo, so while a deep enough pool might make the cheese tactic more tedious (if the goo pool is deep enough), it won't remove that exploit at all.

Quite frankly, just making Eggman turn away if he gets close to a player would reduce the effectiveness of the cheese tactic. I don't think it'd eliminate it entirely, but it'd make it harder to use effectively. I dunno if that'd be an overall good idea to add to the boss, but it's a better idea than trying to force a gimmick in without a good reason.

On the subject of the first boss: I want to add that it needs some sort of check to prevent it from flying into the stratosphere.
I actually have an idea for how to fix that easily. It's really more of a work around, but if you use an inadvisable FOF that intangible to players but solid to everything else you can stop the eggmobile from flying off to the sky.

This is easily possible with linedef 259 Custom FOF

I actually have an idea for how to fix that easily. It's really more of a work around, but if you use an inadvisable FOF that intangible to players but solid to everything else you can stop the eggmobile from flying off to the sky.

This is easily possible with linedef 259 Custom FOF

I suspect that that would be getting too close to 'invisible wall' territory for the developers' comfort.

maybe, but it's the only workaround I know of that wouldn't affect players but would affect Eggman.

I've used it in an unreleased WIP level to place springs in midair.

We're talking about an official level here. There's no need for a workaround when the boss AI can just be adjusted.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back