Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldev been cool if Sonic actuly met real live Hedgehog's in that stage , since hedgehogs do live in Europe.The song sound like a remix of that Solenanea place. *whatever the town is called in nextgen*;

I like how the game looks so far with the sonic rush and satsr style game play.

Of course, we won't know for sure untill the actual release.

Avi said:
Karuno said:
(this has been discussed on the previous page, but I have a comment for it)
On the topic of the Sonic-designed lands, they only made sense on Mobius. It's a whacky planet with talking animals. Earth is a place with civilized humans in cities and towns. Mixing these ideas just won't work.

Y'know, I was just thinking about the same exact thing not too soon ago.

I agree though, it's like having Mario in our environment which wouldn't make sense.
Mario did once live in our world as a normal plumber. And in one issue of the Sonic comics, a little girl says that Mobius is Earth.

The Western and Japanese Sonic stories are different. In the West, it's named Mobius, but in Japan, it was always Earth. (as I remember)

...why couldn't you just upload it to YouTube like most normal people?

Oh, wait, "alt colors". You mean you painstakingly put forth all that effort just to recolor Sonic throughout an entire video? If so, that's one helluva waste of effort...

Well, honestly.... Sonic Unleashed better not be the same type of crap that they did with Sonic 06. Make a big deal about it and have it blow up in there faces. Although it doesn't look too good to start off with seeing as Link/Wolf and Sonic/Wolf, seems a little similar doesn't it?

Though, really, the werewolf thing spawns way before Twilight Princess, so whatever. As long as it benefits the gameplay. No Beast Sonic gameplay yet, however, so that makes me uncertain that it'll work.

Karuno said:
The Western and Japanese Sonic stories are different. In the West, it's named Mobius, but in Japan, it was always Earth. (as I remember)
Mobius? I thought that was just on the shows and comics.

"mobius" was a mess-up based on an interview with Yuji Naka in regards to the development of sonic the hedgehog 2. He stated that players would have fun running through the mobius strips.

This is a mobius strip.
mobiuspq8.jpg

This is a mobius strip in sonic 2.
sonicmobiushd7.gif

To make a long story short, somebody at the localization department thought he meant the planet was named mobius, instead of what he really meant, which was a twisty piece of land sonic could run on for some eye candy.

Wrong. A comic used the term "Mobius" to refer to the planet circa Sonic 1's release, long before that interview was ever had.

I wish those scans were a little more hi-res.
Anyway, if that's the Wii version, then I'm fairly disappointed, although I should've seen this coming. Everyone knows about the visual differences between the Wii and the PS3 and 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back