Heck,Tis is Crazeh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversely, when your security measures start letting in spam bots, you know they're too loose. And on the internet, spam bots and actual humans appear to be the same.

Honestly, any human should be able to enter in a simple CAPTCHA code correctly, unless it's entirely too difficult to read.

It's Kinda like Pale Blue so I just picked Red.[/QUOTE

It was blue and you picked red. Why are you complaining when you make a mistake on one of the easiest questions (except for color blind people). And on a sonic forum no less.

What color is Earthworm Jim's red gun?
A) Blue
B) Green
C) Yellow

Anyway, I was never a fan of sonic 2 beta's (which is now sonic retro) registration process. As I remember, it was pretty much a lengthy quiz asking questions about the community. I don't know if that has changed or not, but either way, I didn't like that method of registration.

Are you confusing Sonic retro with sonic-cult? Because I remember a long quiz on Sonic-cult.

I just signed up for retro, it was easy as pie. Sonic is blue, go to the upside down arrow and change red to blue.

They must have changed it, then. I had to go through a quiz at the time that I registered.

Hmm
Anyways, right now you have to sign up and post in a posting forum to get posting abilities.
Confusing huh? XD

Wow, this thread makes my head hurt.

I LIKE FACTS YOU GUYS LET'S REVIEW SOME FACTS:

1. When you register, there are a couple of fields not present in a default IPB registration form. In addition to the standard captcha, you have to fill out an additional field--a dropdown menu asking what color Sonic is. By default, the choice is not blue, the proper color; if you do not fill this field out, the forum will assume you to not be a human because you answered incorrectly. Given that Sonic Retro is a Sonic the Hedgehog forum, if you don't know the answer to this question, you probably shouldn't be registering.

The funny thing is, even if you didn't know what color Sonic is, he's right in the board logo. Come on!

2. After registering, you have to validate your account in the appropriate forum by making a topic stating your case as to why you're joining and wish to be allowed to post. It's very simple; write a paragraph or so stating your case or even follow the little guidelines we have filled out. Depending on the quality of your post, you'll be promoted to either a Trial Member or a full member. Both accounts have posting privileges; the former has a 20 post limit which is removed upon approval.

3. Retro--or rather, its predecessor, Sonic 2 Beta--was the site that had a quiz required to register. We removed it when we realized it did more harm than good--it promoted rampant elitism and ************ among members, gave people a sense of false superiority over others, and only judged people based on their ability to type quiz questions verbatim into Google. Manual validation gives a much more personal feeling to it and makes sure that the members who get approved are up to par with our standards.

Okay! I think that's everything. Next time, pick blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this thread makes my head hurt.

I LIKE FACTS YOU GUYS LET'S REVIEW SOME FACTS:

1. When you register, there are a couple of fields not present in a default IPB registration form. In addition to the standard captcha, you have to fill out an additional field--a dropdown menu asking what color Sonic is. By default, the choice is not blue, the proper color; if you do not fill this field out, the forum will assume you to not be a human because you answered incorrectly. Given that Sonic Retro is a Sonic the Hedgehog forum, if you don't know the answer to this question, you probably shouldn't be registering.

The funny thing is, even if you didn't know what color Sonic is, he's right in the board logo. Come on!

2. After registering, you have to validate your account in the appropriate forum by making a topic stating your case as to why you're joining and wish to be allowed to post. It's very simple; write a paragraph or so stating your case or even follow the little guidelines we have filled out. Depending on the quality of your post, you'll be promoted to either a Trial Member or a full member. Both accounts have posting privileges; the former has a 20 post limit which is removed upon approval.

3. Retro--or rather, its predecessor, Sonic 2 Beta--was the site that had a quiz required to register. We removed it when we realized it did more harm than good--it promoted rampant elitism and ************ among members, gave people a sense of false superiority over others, and only judged people based on their ability to type quiz questions verbatim into Google. Manual validation gives a much more personal feeling to it and makes sure that the members who get approved are up to par with our standards.

Okay! I think that's everything. Next time, pick blue.

Wow,I didn't know Tweaker was here. I'm kinda color blind. So it must be Sonic 1 now I get it. NOW I can't get in!
My P-A-S-S-W-O-R-D-'-S B-E-E-N F-O-R-G-O-T-T-E-N

Also for some reason I can't access the forums on Windows. It says menu is disabled and it say's I'm not supposed to go there.

犬夜叉;651228 said:
-10, you mean?

EWJ's Big Red Gun is green.

Now THAT is an evil validation question, eh?

Red wasn't even an option, lol. I saw that before I even read the question.

Red wasn't even an option, lol. I saw that before I even read the question.

You obviously haven't played Earthworm Jim 2 then. :P

Matt (or 犬夜叉 as he is called now) is correct, according to EWJ2, Jim's red gun is green.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back