How do I bypass Windows Live Family Saftey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only download files from the directory of "SRB2.ORG"

That does not mean that I can download from any direct download. I had to get permission to download mirror2 for SRB2...

---------- Post added 11-16-2009 at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-15-2009 at 11:32 PM ----------

Nevermind. A friend named SuperTheHedgehog on the forums sent me SRB2DB and XWE.

=DISCUSSION CLOSED=

You guys are suggesting Linux to somebody who is young enough to have parental blocks. Do the guys who make Linux pay you for this, or something? I mean, seriously.

I was using Mandrake Linux when I was ten years old so I assumed he could figure it out.

Linux is still a completely overkill solution to this problem. It's like solving the problem of a padlock with a rocket launcher. Sure it solves the problem, but a key or crowbar could solve the problem much easier.

I used to be one of those guys who would recommend using a Live CD as a solution when I came across some words of wisdom is a guy's sig on the Ubuntu forums.

"Don't preach Linux, mention it."

So, basically, it's probably much better to find a local solution to the problem than have the guy use a completely different operating system.

Remember that there's a difference here, Chisuun. There's "Help! I can't boot into my operating system anymore!" and then there's "Help! I can't download a program!". The first one is an acceptable case for using a Linux Live CD - the user wouldn't even have to actually install Linux, but just use the CD boot as a working environment to solve whatever problem the system has. The second one, however, is not an acceptable reason.

Linux has its ups and downs. It's great for things like servers, networking, system management/recovery, programming, and free software/utilities. However, it simply falls short when it comes to program compatibility, consumer hardware, and gaming in general. Saying that Linux is the best option for everything is just as ignorant as claiming that it's all-around horrible.

In short, lrn2OS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back