Almost nobody playing SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, whenever I go to look and see what servers are up, I almost always get 1 or 2 servers. In most cases, the servers are filled.

So, what? Are people still playing 1.09.4? Are those people unaware of 2.0+?

It depends what times you check, really. Lots of servers usually appear at 8pm GMT, and increasingly then onwards to a maximum of 10-20 servers.
At any earlier than that, and there's 2-5 servers.

It's not that people don't know or play this game, it's just you look at the wrong times.

See, yesterday, I was checking a lot. A maximum of 3 servers appeared.
At the moment, there is only ONE server on, and it's filled.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Err, sorry for the double post, but I checked the master server list. It says 11 servers are currently online, but I only see one! When I try to join a server by IP, NOTHING happens!

Can anyone help with this?

Last edited:
I currently see five servers, the only full one being a 2.0.1 server. (Also being the only 2.0.1 server there.)

So, what i'm hearing, is you haven't updated SRB2 to the latest patch. Do it nao!

I currently see five servers, the only full one being a 2.0.1 server. (Also being the only 2.0.1 server there.)

So, what i'm hearing, is you haven't updated SRB2 to the latest patch. Do it nao!

Oh my. When I downloaded SRB2 from the site, it said it would be version 2.04. When I minimize SRB2 with the Windows key, it says 2.01.

Thanks, bro.

I've noticed that the server list has seemed slightly empty as of late. I don't know about everyone else, but it's been school starting that's had me offline more often.

I would like to point out that some people quite prefer 1.09.4
Why would people prefer 1.09.4? 2.0 has most everything the old version did, as well as more content and improvements.

I've noticed that the server list has seemed slightly empty as of late. I don't know about everyone else, but it's been school starting that's had me offline more often.

This is most likely the reason. Kids are heading back to school, so they aren't staying up late playing SRB2. On the flip-side, I imagine many of these same kids will probably be telling all of their friends at school about the cool new game they found over the summer, so it could probably lead to more people playing in the long run.

I have a difficult time finding the right time to boot SRB2 up and check the servers, but that's mostly due to my locale than anything else (aussie, lol). By the time afternoon comes around here most of you lot are already fast asleep. That's not to say I haven't managed a few decent numbers nonetheless - I managed to host and completely fill an 8 player server a few days ago, and Axxelerion (if that's even how you spell it) manages some pretty good games whenever I can actually find them. But for the most part I'm still trying to figure out where the biggest flood of players occurs on my part.

I don't get it, why are the official SRB2 Servers still using old versions? Thats just weird.

EDIT: I see only three servers online, and they use outdated versions (.1 .2 .3) -.-

Last edited:
This is most likely the reason. Kids are heading back to school, so they aren't staying up late playing SRB2. On the flip-side, I imagine many of these same kids will probably be telling all of their friends at school about the cool new game they found over the summer, so it could probably lead to more people playing in the long run.

This is one of my reasons. And I don't think I should talk about SRB2 at school. Because "Sonic is a retard!"

... >_> Oh, and SRB2 gets kind of boring after a while.

Depends. When I go on late at night here, people in the UK join and since they're 8 hours ahead it's pretty much in the morning. I don't go on the day though because I'm busy. I imagine I'm missing out on playing against a lot of American players. I assume there are more Americans to play SRB2 but I could be wrong. The point is, I could be missing out on a time where a lot of players are on. The highest number of people I played with ever was 8 or less. ~_~ Average would be about 5 or 6.

I somewhat prefer 1.09.4.

Agreed. See, 2.0 has some good updates and all but there's the 1.09.4 stuff that's gone that I like. However, I do agree with certain things that the developers did. It's just that some things I wished would stay were taken out. They could have at least been changed or given a makeover or something. IE: Metal Star. Loved monitor hopping from base to base and pissing people off.

I am so glad that Meadow Match stayed. It's one of my favorite match stages despite the fact that it may seem small and simple compared to the rest. I don't like the new Thunder Citadel Update much. I still have to get used to it I guess.

IE: Metal Star. Loved monitor hopping from base to base and pissing people off.

lvlconv

It's that easy. Infact, if you go online, some servs have ported the old multiplayer levels...
Sad that Tree ring couldn't be ported due to Some Guy's absence. Even though I totally sucked on the map.

lvlconv

It's that easy. Infact, if you go online, some servs have ported the old multiplayer levels...
Sad that Tree ring couldn't be ported due to Some Guy's absence. Even though I totally sucked on the map.

In my opinion, Tree Ring should have stayed because, thats the ONLY OLDC contest entry with a perfect 10 score, and believe me if I was one of the devs I would certainly NOT remove that kind of level. (Okay I dont know if TRZ is not in here because of his absence but it still should have stayed.)

And besides, some other Multiplayer stages could have easily stayed, like Starlit Warehouse, Isolated Canyon, Dual Fortress, Hydro Plant, Airborne Temple, Midnight Abyss (Come on, it's the only DoomShip themed level) and eventually Metal Star.

Because now, we miss two Match levels (MAP96 & 97) and four(!) (MAP86-89) CTF levels ):

Last edited:
IIRC Mystic said that all of those levels were removed because they were symetrical, and he said that symetrical levels don't work well with the new system.

That, and the fact that most symetric levels are really boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back