SRB2 doombuilder.I would like help as in making some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadix

Ok I've recently been trying to use SRB2 doombuilder and I get most things alright, but could someone help me on how I would make trees or a building with an opening in it and with a roof.
All i can figure out how to make is walls without a roof for the building and for trees a big stick coming out of the ground.

Re: SRB2 doombuilder.I would like help as in making some thi

shadix said:
Ok I've recently been trying to use SRB2 doombuilder and I get most things alright, but could someone help me on how I would make trees or a building with an opening in it and with a roof.
All i can figure out how to make is walls without a roof for the building and for trees a big stick coming out of the ground.

Roof: Make a FOF for the roof that is the top of the building, that is equal to the height of the walls

Tree: You can probabally create a few FOFs around it for pine trees, or one big FOF for a tree for the leaves (Use lindef 59, and the textures woodleaf or ec_vines)

Could you make one? Because you understand it and I'm the last word in the second line of your sig.

Well, you know, Shadow Hog is actually rambling quite a bit at the beginning. If you skip down to the second "---", that's where the tutorial actually starts.

Shadow hog wrote
Now, make a new WAD - "MOO.WAD" for example - and insert the valid TEXTURE1 and PNAME lumps. Assuming it still works like it did in the past, it should work perfectly - no random textures with "W" at their ends.

What would the valid TEXTURE1 and PNAME lumps be?

Ok, is there any way to put a FOF over a sector of the same size?
Or put a FOF over a sector at all?
Because when I try to do that it thinks its part of the other sector and it gets all messed up.

Ok you propably didn't get my question.
So I made a picture.

This is what I want

But instead it does

Because it doesn't think its two sectors it thinks its 1.

But I've seen fences like in GFZ2 Do something close to what I want.

Stacking FOFs, eh?

Well, it's easy, make two different FOFs and tag them to the same sector, and make sure they're the correct sizes.

But really SRB2 Doombuilder doesn't handle stacking FOFs as well as you'd want it to.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't look at your images correctly.

Well, your problem is simply that your FOF's size is wrong.

All FOFs you want must simply be set up tagged with the same number.

So you want, say 4 FOFs. Alright. Set up the control sectors as you would normally. Set all the control sector tag to the same number and give that number to the sector you want the FOFs on.

Well I followed what you wrote but I'm still having problems.
The FOF I put on the sector tagged with the same number will either have the problem from before or it will make the ground raise to the size of the FOF and the wall behind it will be all black.

Here's a suggestion; try using Wad Author. Seriously. If you're really having this much trouble, maybe you should try a different editor.

Really, it couldn't hurt.

I'm not as sure it's the editors fault because really the only problem I'm having is with stacking FOFs and I know hardly anything about level editing.
Because after I figured out everything else I asked those became easy.

Segmint said:
Here's a suggestion; try using Wad Author. Seriously. If you're really having this much trouble, maybe you should try a different editor.

Using WadAuthor will not change how an FOF is set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back