Pokemon:Black&White

Status
Not open for further replies.
It´d have made more sense if the Black one was Dragon/Dark, as Dark type fits more the Yin-Yang theme.

Yeah, but there isn't a "Light" type to mirror that. No, Esper/Psychic type doesn't count.

Besides, there is a Dragon/Dark type in the game anyways.

Just been playing the Black Version Recently and this is my current review of it.

The look of the game: The graphics are awesome & the 3D looks really cool in some areas such as Hiun City and a few other places. My only issue is some of the NPC Sprites look weird and that Ice/Dragon legendary looks retarded as hell. It's also fun going "Whaatt the fuck is that thing?" some of the game's special effects have some nice touches.

The Music: Very Stunning. It has some kick ass soundtrack that I never thought would be in the game, best ones so far are the last pokemon in Gym battle, and the legendary pokemon music (When Kobaruoun, Birijion, and Terakion is battled)

The Gameplay: The triple battles are easy to get used to, but there's not many of them. Though I only been in 1 so there must be more in stock to find. The controls as usual are easy. Getting High EXP seems to be a bit too easy to get in the game, especially at the early stages, where some wild pokemon EXP can give you over 1200 EXP (I had this happen on a few occasions) and level easily skyrocket. There are some crazy gym gimmicks, especially in the later ones as well to get used to e.g. getting in and flying out of cannons.

Overall: Apart from the minor issues, this game so far is absolutely brilliant. I shall be purchasing a english copy of the White Version when it comes out.

Rating: 9/10

*Ye-Old Bump.*

So... I was reading about the PokeShifter and I find out that the restriction is that none of the Pokemon can't know any HM Moves, which is reasonable. (Those that have a Flychu or Surfchu or pretty much a event that has a HM Move are lucked out by this.)

There's another restriction, the Pokemon that are being shifted cannot hold any items.

So that pretty much means I can't bring over a Latias holding a Soul Dew... right? >_>

Last edited:
So that pretty much means I can't bring over a Latias holding a Soul Dew... right? >_>

Honestly, even if you could, Soul Dew is still banned from official Pokemon battle events. There's no point in it, lol.

I'd love the ability to trade my 4th gen Pokemon, but Dream World is also pretty interesting. If only I had Wifi...

There's another restriction, the Pokemon that are being shifted cannot hold any items.

This is correct. It works like the Pal Park did in 4th gen only with the additional restriction that you can't bring items (probably because TMs are completely different now)

Honestly, even if you could, Soul Dew is still banned from official Pokemon battle events. There's no point in it, lol.

I'd love the ability to trade my 4th gen Pokemon, but Dream World is also pretty interesting. If only I had Wifi...

I think I should mention that I never went to any official Pokemon battle events. (Where do they take place anyway? Even thought I'll end up getting killed in like 10 seconds, I'm NOT that good really.) You can still use it in game and battles that is if it's alright with the other person.

This is correct. It works like the Pal Park did in 4th gen only with the additional restriction that you can't bring items (probably because TMs are completely different now)

I just wonder why it applies to all Items. I can understand the TMs since they are different and all, but... erm... oh well.

Last edited:
I suspect they're trying to remove all the easy ways to clone items from previous generations from being relevant in gen 5, but maybe they also changed the item storage format as well, which would make sense.

If they are I think I'll scream that the internet has taken over the world.

Hopefully they won't be. And I'll be ready to edit Bulbapedia as soon as it happens.
*gets pen and paper*

I got The names, The Grass starter is Snivy, The Fire Starter is Tehpig, And the water starter is Oshawatt!

And Isshu is actualy Unova, Reshiram is the "Vast White" Pokemon and Zekrom is "Deep Black" Pokemon.

Goddamnit, I was making a joke back then when I said Snivy would be Tsutarja's name. :<
What the hell.
I'm really disappointed with these names personally. They could've done so much better (Though Oshawott sounds pretty good). Though when you think about it, Snivy's Japanese name pretty much says the same thing so it might be boring over there as well.
*shrugs*

Oh well, at least I got to update the crap out of the Pokemon Wiki with the new info. I would really like to see what the new names will be though. XD

Ye old bump, but I think I need to post this.

So I was reading about the "Poisoned" status on Bulbapedia and I noticed that the Poison damage was changed yet again in Gen V.

Bublapedia said:
Generation V
A poisoned Pokémon no longer receives damage outside of battle, a poisoned Pokémon now glows purple in battle. The poison status will cause a Pokémon to take double damage from Evil Eye and Venom Shock.

Ok... so this means that you no longer lose 1 HP per 5 steps anymore, right?

Last edited:
I hate America at this moment. It comes out 4 days before Australia over there. :<

Might as well stick with the Japanese version which I can slightly understand.

@Mystic: Except for wild Pokemon battles. >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back