Ben 10: Alien Swarm (Actually looks good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never actually liked the original Ben 10, and loathed Race against time even more.

Alien Force, on the other hand, is actually awesome, and this movie looks like it's shaping up nicely; so I'm going to keep my eye on this one.

Alien Force was when it got good. The earlier Ben 10 just seemed like one filler after another.

I like Alien Force more, mostly because it's more serious and developing.

Oh most definitely. Serious?

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlienSwarm

There are no subplots to speak of. It actually leads up to a satisfying ending with no talent show crap or anything.

And after just watching this, I must say. This movie was impressive. The CG was top notch for television effects, the plot was actually well thought out this time and tied in with one of Uncle Max's partners. I am indeed pleased.

As a theatrical release this would've been a B, but as a TV movie, this is a straight up A. The only complaints I have here is that the fight against the Queen ends much too quickly, and the casting was not so nice on Gwen's character. The tone of her voice doesn't exactly resonate with the intelligent tone with the show's interpretation of the character, but hey.. At least she tried. And she did a good job despite her voice sounding a more like the average teenage girl who speaks rather stupidly like "Cha! That guy is so smoking hawt!" The film was also short, but really, it told its story, and it accomplished much. And as a minor complaint, Kevin listening to Rap music was lame. I mean.. Did that rapper say his nickname was celery? ...Okay?

But otherwise an impressive film. Now I want to see them tackle a film for theatrical release.

You saw the movie too? I saw it, it was actually better then the first one!

Which was indeed a wonderful surprise.

And I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but Kevin's Plastic Car. Seriously... Once the car breaks apart, Kevin kicks the debris as it makes not a metallic ping, but rather a cardboard like noise. That had me laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back