trouble making levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
*slaps face with hand, then drags down slowly*

Person, it's freakin' required to run SRB2. If your game works, then you have it.

Please be more specific.
If the problem is that you don't know HOW to create a floor, ceiling or water, then it is obvious that you have not read the tutorial. If that's the case, I highly suggest you do.

SRB2-Playah said:
Please be more specific.
If the problem is that you don't know HOW to create a floor, ceiling or water, then it is obvious that you have not read the tutorial. If that's the case, I highly suggest you do.

I read the tutorial, when i try to test the level, it says "level has no sectors." Whats up with that? heres the link to my match level. http://www.sendspace.com/file/4ltr8t Its called "battlefield." I was going to add water but I forgot to.

I looked at your level just now. Two things:

1. The sector you have is far too big. Remember, sectors that are too big will break the Software renderer, and will be distance-clipped in the OpenGL renderer. Having a sector even bigger will break the core game system. Make it much, much smaller.

2. You are missing a Player 1 start. For some reason, you have a Player 7 start, but not one for Player 1.

No, it's still far too big. I don't think you understand the scale of SRB2 correctly. You probably think you're making the sector the right size, when in reality, you're making it much bigger than it should be. You should never make an area larger than 12,000 fracunits across. This will break the Software renderer, and if you go past that, the whole game.

Also, if you're using Doom Builder, pressing the W key will take you into 3D mode. Pressing T will show the Things in the level, so that you can visualize how the level will look when you go to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back