Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma

Status
Not open for further replies.

UruZingLo

Zero out of Ten
Arcs System works has announced the next Blazblue game title to be released, Blazblue Chrono Phantasma. 3 new characters have also been added Amane Nishiki, Barret and Azrael.

Source:
http://shoryuken.com/2012/08/05/arc...rs-additional-outfits-updated-moves-and-more/

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAWi3QyFE_0

My Thoughts:
I'm pretty much looking forward to this when it releases since I've been waiting awhile to continue the long story of blazblue and find out some unanswered questions from Continuum Shift. As for the new characters all three look interesting and the costume changes in the older characters(Such as Noel) is a good addition.

Honestly, I don't think I'm going to bother with BlazBlue until they actually stop releasing so many versions. I had already bought Continnum Shift a long time ago, and how many versions have they released since then? 4? 5?

I guess the game is pretty all right, although I sold it a long time ago. I hated the story, the one time I played online, I got absolutely wrecked by somebody who knew about the million little subsystems and such there were, and... well, this is going to sound dumb, but I never really got the hang of a lot of the gimmicks the characters had. Like the vampire girl's whole "wind" thing. I pretty much just used Ragna all the time.

So, yeah, while I wouldn't mind playing it if I had a copy, I'd still prefer to wait. That, and Injustice looks like it's doing the same sort of thing as this, only better.

I've heard of blazblue before... but
I've never played it. What is it about?

It's a really anime fighting game, for the most part. Like, pretty much THE most anime game you will ever play. Up to you if you want to take that as a compliment or not, but personally, it's not my style.

Honestly, I don't think I'm going to bother with BlazBlue until they actually stop releasing so many versions. I had already bought Continnum Shift a long time ago, and how many versions have they released since then? 4? 5?

I can understand this since it was a problem I had with this series. In all honesty it would've been better if they just released continuum shift extend as DLC, it only adds a new mode, a few feature updates, and one new character not worth the 40 bucks IMO. It wasn't a big problem for CS since when there was CS II they added it as DLC updates and not as a full disc like extend.

I guess the game is pretty all right, although I sold it a long time ago. I hated the story,

Can't say I hated the story, however the length of each characters story was pretty frustrating due to most of the story involving almost the same thing for about 40 to 50 minutes of story mode gameplay for each character. I did like the gag endings and bad endings they interpreted in the game which to me made up for the long hours to endure all of the story mode, I would say to me the story mode was about average but nowhere close to great.

the one time I played online, I got absolutely wrecked by somebody who knew about the million little subsystems and such there were, and... well, this is going to sound dumb, but I never really got the hang of a lot of the gimmicks the characters had. Like the vampire girl's whole "wind" thing. I pretty much just used Ragna all the time.

That was my first experience online, got perfect'd by a Tsubaki user. I can understand not getting the hang of the gimmicks since it took me probably months to finally understand how each of the different characters can use them to their advantage, but once you can grasp the concept the games online versus and ranked modes are pretty thrilling and fun.

gamerman14 said:
I've heard of blazblue before... but
I've never played it. What is it about?

If you've played Guilty Gear(Its made by the same people) it is somewhat like that, although the systems a bit different but the same in some ways. It'd be best to start from Calamity Trigger to Continuum Shift since you haven't played it so the story won't confuse you(Only if you're interested enough to buy both though). Also as bobinator has already said it is pretty much that a anime fighting game, if I were you I'd rent it to see if it fits my style of play and if you enjoy it buy both and go nuts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back