Can't host a server because I don't have the right version???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxBoy8

Miles Tails Prower
Ok, so I am trying to host a server on SRB2.

The game told me that I don't have the recent version of it. I have 2.1.14 and it told me I need version 19?

Any help?

No, the MS is just broken as ever. normally it would freeze when trying to choose a room, but apparently you managed to survive the freeze, so guess this oddity is what happens if you manage to not freeze the game.

[05:15] (@Inuyasha) Yes, the MS literally requires vBulletin to function because there's literally no other way to manage 90% of the functions
[05:15] (@Inuyasha) assuming they even work anymore, and some of them don't for no observable reason
[05:15] (@Inuyasha) and tons relating to things that just flatout don't work/exist anymore
[05:17] (@Inuyasha) It's a pretty abysmal, longwinded, and stupid system
(@Inuyasha) Cue also broke the MS<->game heartbeat connection
[05:25] (@Inuyasha) it's worth noting that there's a whole lot of buttons in the MS admin panel that don't work
[05:34] (@Inuyasha) The MS also has a lot of 'settings' pages in the regular admin CP
[05:34] (@Inuyasha) and most of them are blank! surprise

Last edited:
no, the MS is just broken as ever. normally it would freeze when trying to choose a room, but apparently you managed to survive the freeze, so guess this oddity is what happens if you manage to not freeze the game

It did freeze the game when joining in-game.

I used the Srb2 launcher and it told me I haven't got the recent version for Srb2.

The Master server is going down very often recently, for the sake of maintenance i suppose, sadly we can only wait .

"Maintenance".

For one, as you might be able to tell, SRB2.org's server is already having a somewhat rough time. I've been a little frustrated by it but there's little to nothing I can do about it, after all.

For two, the MS is pretty poorly coded -- much more so than the game itself -- and heavily reliant on things that a master server really shouldn't rely on. Like, for instance, this specific version of vBulletin. It's not even fully complete, and has been falling apart for a while.

All the scenery; this is nature’s sacrifice

Wait the MS is literally reliant on vBulletin to work??

W-whose idea was this

In fact who actually coded it and the netcode in the first place

When it fails to find the MS info and freezes:

Duon the Adventurer:
The game is freezing because its trying too desperately get information from an offline server (as far as I can tell), you can wait for the game to unfreeze when it fails to find the info it needs. Check the Master Server page (or use the SRB2 addition to Dooomseeker) before trying to find a server, that being said, find some friends and host some offline servers if you really want to play SRB2 online.
If LISTSERV or the MS page doesn't give you any IP's, then you'll just have to wait unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back