Gunscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
So, there's been this game in development for a while called Gunscape.

The game's actually pretty early in development, as to be expected with a game that just started in January, but they're close to the beta stages. While the game's in alpha, it has a free demo, so if you're considering trying it out you should do so now. Simply put, it's a hybrid of a lot of classic FPS games, such as Doom, Quake, and TF2, and Minecraft. You can make your own levels, and then battle your friends on them. It's Quake influences are really showing at the moment, but they're trying to linger away from it.

33BBAB51DF38923B1DDB493AF1D51207F304629C

Right now, the game is really struggling, because there isn't a solid playerbase. People are always coming and going, so most of the time, no one is playing in a very multiplayer-based game, which isn't good. Even if this isn't your type of game, if you could spread the word it'd really help. I made a Steam group to organize matches, but I'm not here to advertise my group.

If you enjoy it, you might want to buy a copy. Founder status is only $10 USD, and you unlock everything that they will later charge, so it's totally worth it's price. I think anything past Gold Founder is a little pricey, though, so I wouldn't go for it. If you have no money, but you still want to support, there's a Steam Greenlight page too.

Main Site
Forums
Greenlight

Last edited:
So, there's been this game in development for a while called Gunscape.

The game's actually pretty early in development, as to be expected with a game that just started in January, but they're close to the beta stages. While the game's in alpha, it has a free demo, so if you're considering trying it out you should do so now. Simply put, it's a hybrid of a lot of classic FPS games, such as Doom, Quake, and TF2, and Minecraft. You can make your own levels, and then battle your friends on them. It's Quake influences are really showing at the moment, but they're trying to linger away from it.

33BBAB51DF38923B1DDB493AF1D51207F304629C

Right now, the game is really struggling, because there isn't a solid playerbase. People are always coming and going, so most of the time, no one is playing in a very multiplayer-based game, which isn't good. Even if this isn't your type of game, if you could spread the word it'd really help. I made a Steam group to organize matches, but I'm not here to advertise my group.

If you enjoy it, you might want to buy a copy. Founder status is only $10 USD, and you unlock everything that they will later charge, so it's totally worth it's price. I think anything past Gold Founder is a little pricey, though, so I wouldn't go for it. If you have no money, but you still want to support, there's a Steam Greenlight page too.

Main Site
Forums
Greenlight

this is a replic of cube 2: sauerbraten.

this is a replic of cube 2: sauerbraten.

I remember playing that a while back, and I have to say there are a lot of key differences.

1) Sauer has a more dynamic editor. It has limitations due to the engine, but you can make perfectly serviceable and handsome maps in a very short amount of time. It's, however, less easy to pick up right away (still pretty quickly, though). It's really easy to pick up, but...

2) Sauer is *not* friendly to custom content. There is only one method to receive a custom map from a server in Sauer, and that involves several back-and-forth steps between the server and you. Specifically, /sendmap, /getmap, /calclight, /savemap. More frustrating, without taking these steps people who connect to your server will only see an empty plane, and are able to walk through walls in your version because they don’t exist to them. To stress this point, the only reliable way to share your content in Sauer is to get your map included in the official release, which happens at about the same frequency as presidential elections. This brings me to...

3) The game is in a rut in terms of new content and development. There are several forks, but the author(s) have made it clear that they are more interested in building an engine rather than a game. This is perfectly acceptable, but it does open a path for titles such as these to come in without having to justify themselves in relation to Sauer.

Sauer is okay, but it's not at all good for showing off your creations to the world, which kinda ruins my purpose and causes me to lose interest in building for it. Gunscape simply has a button called "Publish" and then that's it; it's there for anyone to play. The only real limitation compared to the two games is that there's a little more to it than just pressing a button to switch between building and fighting. But other than that, I feel like Gunscape is a lot better for an average player than someone looking for an engine to use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back