Suggestions

But FOFs can't move horizontally.

So? The poly object that the chain hooks on to isn't suppose to move. It's just suppose to solve the problem of how to get the swinging polyobject + chain to work.

Earlier in the topic it was said that poly objects can't move out of their spawned sector right?

So the answer to this for chains that hook onto a FOF is stationary polyobjects.

PolyObjects CAN move out of the sector they spawned in, we already discussed that. But since the PolyObject is supposed to swing back and forth with the chain, FOFs can't be used because they can't move that way.

I'd like an object flag that gives the object water-type properties; y'know, being wet and able to put fires out. (Triggering the underwater state wouldn't be needed, though.) The object would disappear upon touching a wall, or possibly a pushable thing. It'd be fun to have an optional puzzle about manipulating a thing-based jet of water to put some fires out.

Possibly the flag could be combined with the MF_FIRE flag if one wanted it to disappear when touching a water FOF?

PolyObjects CAN move out of the sector they spawned in, we already discussed that. But since the PolyObject is supposed to swing back and forth with the chain, FOFs can't be used because they can't move that way.

I know that. I never said that the FOF would be swinging. the FOF acts only as the chain's anchor like in Castle Eggman.

Make the space countdown of ERZ disable all abilities except climb, as none of them make sense in airless conditions.
(Fixed due to confusion.)

Last edited:
When he said "double-jump abilities" I think he meant Thok,Fly,Glide and the rest of the "Double Jump Abilities"

The room after the underwater slide in DSZ2 needs a way out of the water without having to redo the whole water slide segment; or possibly revamp that room completely. It would also help if said zoom tube took you to just before the slide so that you can backtrack the level.

If you aim your crosshair at another player, display their name somewhere on screen.

Ah, that would make it feel somewhat Like Call of Duty.

But there might be some problems with that if people had the same name & skin in a server. That or a really long name that might bug up or crash the server or something.

Make the space countdown of ERZ disable all abilities except climb, as none of them make sense in airless conditions.
(Fixed due to confusion.)
Well, the thok doesn't make sense even in non-vacuum conditions...

If you want to be picky about it, just pretend there's toxic gas in the room.

I come up with another 2 suggestions...
- On the title screen, when the title music has ended playing, automatically load a replay/demo lump (or a preset one), which plays back, while the player has still access to the menu ala Classic Sonic games. Also in case of long title screen musics and/or looping enabled for the title screen music (or just detected modifience on music.dta, which i have), then instead of waiting for the music to end, make a 10-15 second delay before starting the demo sequence, while tuneslot stays during the demo playback (aka don't change the music).
- Make the Jingles (most notably Invincibility and Speed shoe theme) doesn't restart the music, when poping another one of the same power-up, thus actually "enjoying" custom Jingle themes...

I have no proof of this (as it has happened multiple times) but SRB2 crashes on my computer if it goes for more than a few seconds on a low framerate.

Since we now can have per-level palettes, perhaps there could also be a linedef special that changes the map's palette?

Can I be an asshole for a second? ok....
HAHAHHAHAHA

I really do not think changing the PLAYPAL/COLORMAP memblock while in level mode will work so well, but if someone want to try to code up the linedef, be my guest.

The suggestions under are about Level Design :

1.Make Linedef Type 700(700-704) for replace Rotation moviment to PolyObject to who don´t know how to make a PolyObject.

2.Make Linedef Type 705 to make the especified Sector move to WayPoints replacing PolyObject (too for who don´t know how to make a PolyObject).

3.Add Effect 4 to make Linedef Type 102 be a "Solid-Translucent-Mirror" Wall.

That´s all by me! ^_^

-- Forums:
Make a suggestions subforum (similar to bug reports subforum) instead of this topic mess. ;)

-- Netplay:
When displaying the "You have WADs loaded, restart the game to join" message upon loading up the Join Game menu, present a Y/N option to immediately restart the game. This would quit the game similarly to QUIT (no quit screen shown, just immediate quit) followed by a restart of srb2win.exe (if possible)

-- Coop life pool:
Add a server-side option for a common life pool and, if enabled, add 3 (or default amt) lives every time a player joins, subtracting 3 (or default amt) every time a player leaves. I realize this will mean a player could join a server and die over and over, which is why usage of shared lives would be to the server's discretion.

-- Coop joining:
A server-side option to allow newly joined players to spawn at the last triggered starpost. Will help players stay together.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back