scrmtf_retropack.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This level pack contains old levels that aren't on the SRB2 Match/CTF rotation anymore. This update allows all maps to play in Tag, and now includes 4.35's Special Stages.

retrolevel_th.png

Get more info about it here:

http://cz64.sepwich.com/retro.html

Alot of the first match maps were so simple...

And the CTF maps were easy to get lost in.

I would like to see the old maps from the early days. Brings back such good memories. The maps were simple but such fun to play in.

You even put in the old music. God I loved Flying Shrine's old music...

Anyways, yeah, this owns. Many of these maps were in fact, great during their time and some are still now. (Like Zero Ring)

Yeah, but you can also see why, in fact, the levels were removed. Some were so big, people kept getting lost. And some were so simple, it was boring. Also the ring placements stunk.

The first unnamed map is called "Green Plateau", and actually was updated in a version of Mystic Realm. The second unnamed map is called "Orange Crater", a name that only existed on the my website at the time.

Since I didn't find it on the current one, if you happen to still have Green Plateau, then let me know. I knew I once saw that map updated once.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Yeah, but you can also see why, in fact, the levels were removed. Some were so big, people kept getting lost. And some were so simple, it was boring. Also the ring placements stunk.

Agreed. It would have helped if the ring placements were rearranged, as everyone in the netgame I joined was struggling to stay alive there.

Still, neat.

Ahem, Zero ring zone...

Where's the ZERO RING part of it?

And what's with the ALL YOUR RINGS ARE BELONG TO US thing circling me?
(Man, that would've gone great with a ring drainer in every sector.)

Great job CZ64. I can now play my 2 true favourite maps again. Air Haven & Crystal Void. I'm so happy to play these levels again. Wow, those first srb2 memories from 3 years ago for me.

Seriously, thanks, and great job :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back