• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2Colors - SRB2CB mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! This mod just keeps getting better and better. Good job so far Pac and good luck making the rest of the mod ;)

I really like how this is coming along! I wish I could help, but I don't know how. Maybe some enemy spriting? Egg Pawn custom SOCced enemies?

Yeah, we all know that Pac is making the mod by itself and he is the one who started the mod so ignore that stupid youtube comments.

Not much content here but it's showing off a little bit of planet wisp's test skybox collision. It might or might not be used depending on how this works out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFiXqXXJl-U
After this I'll be happy to post more screenshots of planet wisp.

EDIT: That comment (above) was left by someone I know, don't worry about it.

When he is in the tower he looks like he is DAMN small. But I think it's from the tower itself.

And yes, please show us more screenshots, I'm getting hungry of SRB2COLORS.

I think the skybox works fine, the tower however makes Sonic look small, but:

rocky said:
When he is in the tower he looks like he is DAMN small. But I think it's from the tower itself.

Yes, I think it's the tower that makes Sonic look small, or it could be that Pac inserted a sector/linedef (I just started learning the ropes on maps okay?) to make Sonic be small.

Sorta Off-Topic: How'd you managed to SOC the Rocket Wisp?

I think the skybox works fine, the tower however makes Sonic look small, but:

Yes, I think it's the tower that makes Sonic look small, or it could be that Pac inserted a sector/linedef (I just started learning the ropes on maps okay?) to make Sonic be small.

Actually the Factory Tower is huge compared to the player. The skybox is a lot bigger than sonic in this stage
shot0003.png

shot0006.png

shot0007.png
Sorta Off-Topic: How'd you managed to SOC the Rocket Wisp?

Instead of it being a soc (which did not work out the way I wanted at first) I hardcoded it in. The only problem with this is the repeating sprites and sonic not disappearing.

Edit: Nevermind! I fixed that sprite repeating problem with a simple edit, only sonic needs to disappear now

Last edited:
When SRB2 gets updated to 2.1 with more emblems to collect, most likely SRB2CB will have what 2.1 has. When this happens do you plan on having the player collect five red star rings, stick with the emblems instead of red star rings, or not having any collecting gimmicks at all?

When SRB2 gets updated to 2.1 with more emblems to collect, most likely SRB2CB will have what 2.1 has. When this happens do you plan on having the player collect five red star rings, stick with the emblems instead of red star rings, or not having any collecting gimmicks at all?

Depends if CB is ported over..

If so, yes I'd put Red Star rings for unlockables and such.
An example of this would be collecting 5 in one stage to unlock secret stages or something else interesting.

Depends if CB is ported over..

If so, yes I'd put Red Star rings for unlockables and such.
An example of this would be collecting 5 in one stage to unlock secret stages or something else interesting.
Perhaps after a player collects all five red star rings, they can be transported to the Sonic Simulator stage. Like for example, below the red star ring is a sector that connects to where the player heads next so if the player triggers all five of these sectors they can go to the Sonic Simulator and get an emerald. This idea is similar to the Mystic Realm where you step in the middle of the tiny shrine to go to another stage instead of proceeding to Act 3 but more complicated.

Perhaps after a player collects all five red star rings, they can be transported to the Sonic Simulator stage. Like for example, below the red star ring is a sector that connects to where the player heads next so if the player triggers all five of these sectors they can go to the Sonic Simulator and get an emerald. This idea is similar to the Mystic Realm where you step in the middle of the tiny shrine to go to another stage instead of proceeding to Act 3 but more complicated.

This would involve finding every. single. ring. in one go. And since Colors stages are usually fucking huge and open in the 2D sections, that's gonna be a helluva lot of work.

That would be a genius idea, but as of now, the Red Star Rings must have a certain objective, take the Red Star Ring that requires you to follow the line of normal rings in order for you to obtain it.

Remember, it's how you get the award that compels you to explore more.

Or maybe we make the special stages Sonic Simulator Zones. Instead of like a whole act being one same color, it can have 8-bit textures of the zone it's representing as long with the 8-bit remix. This idea would work well and be alot more like Sonic Colors with the special stage we have for SRB2 now.

Last edited:
Huh, in the screenshot, the picture of the character is Super Sonic when the one you're playing is Sonic. What in the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back