I wonder...

Should SRB2-2D be continued?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2 2-D was VERY bad. If you think it's anything close to STA, you are sadly mistaken. But it has a great intro, I grant you that.

And the standard "static engine", correct? -_-' I just don't think TGF and MMF were made for Sonic games...

They weren't. they were made for arcade style games. Oh yes, and now that i've figured out how Multiplayer-Netgameing on MMF works, I will bring that in too!

OW! MY HANDS!

Okay, here's a preveiw, even though most of you think it's pointless:

Anywys, I will POSSIBLY rip Sonic's sprites from SRB2-3D to give it that new feel. I've already gotten the new Crawla sprites, and it looks just fine.

I honestly dont know how I'm going to do this, but I'll also reconstruct the 3D levels INCH by INCH onto the 2D plane, in special unlockable stages. Since I know how to do proper spindash and jumping in 3D, I should be able to pull it off.

As well as this, the old intro has been replaced with the new one, even the new music is there! However, if you type in something at the SONIC TEAM JUNIOR PRESENTS::: screen, you'll get the old one, for fans of the original version.

There will be all the levels from the 3D version, plus alot from the current WADs on srb2.org, in both 2D and 3D. this will equal up to about 20 levels, in 2D and 3D. Exclusive levels are in the works.

Multiplayer Offline is implemented, and, through the great technoligies of MMF, Online is being done too, with all of the modes.

And here's the status report:
6 2D levels done
4 3D levels done
Offline Multiplayer done
Online Multiplayer-Done, but very buggy
Intro done
Sprites-about 30% done.

There. that pretty much summed it up, even though my fingers now hurt from typing so fast. Any questions?

Well, I hope it's good. And btw, by multiplayer, I meant online. I didn't feel the need for that to be said, but whatever...

ARGH! SKOOL!!!

Delayed because of f***ing schoolwork. And BTW to you, JTE, online netgameing is pretty steep in MMF. Its pretty damn hard to do, in my opinion, however, it won' make it into the demo I'm producing, which will feature Greenflower in both 2D and 3D, and Techno Hill 1 in 2D only. Obviously, I have just begun.

Getting close.... This is going to be a bit like ShadowChaos's SRB1 update.

Hey...that just gave me a great idea, if anybody is willing to help: I think I may make a level pack with the SRB1 levels, graphics ect. in it! Just a thought, but it seems like a good idea!

msonic is not Megasonic. "Megasonic101/SRB2" is the person who usually uses the nickname SRB2 when connecting to IRC.

Yep. Is the REAL msonic even registered in these forums? I never see him post...

The reason that I have the nickname Megasonic101/SRB2 is because if it were just SRB2, the new people would go like "CHANGE UYOUR NIKC!!!" (Typo is on purpose...) and if I was just Megasonic101, people wouldn't know who the hell I am? (Aside from the people at SFGHQ and several other SEGA related boards.)

Hence, Megasonic101/SRB2 was born! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back