Obsidian Oasis Zone - v1.02

Chengi

I like your attitude!
Kart Krew™️
attachment.php

An original zone of my own creation.

What was once a lush, radiant spring becomes murky, dilapidated wreckage in the midst of a storm. A multitude of different-colored geodes light up the path as the player drives through.

Attachments

• kart1304.jpg
    kart1304.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 2,326
  • kart0562.gif
    kart0562.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 314
  • kart0570.gif
    kart0570.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 341
  • kr_obsidianoasis_v1.01.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 259
  • KR_obsidianoasis_v1-02.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 547
Last edited:
I love it!

This one area confused me on the first time through. My eyes haven't been drawn to the sign either.
attachment.php

The majority of your boost pads and spring pads are misaligned too.
attachment.php

Attachments

• confuse.png
    confuse.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,110
  • align.png
    align.png
    58 KB · Views: 2,106
epic sauce

Amazing! I can play a map without suffering fps drops!

Jokes aside, this map is really nice! The aesthetics are on point and the layout is really fun to play.

I'd like to double down on what James said about the misaligned textures but that shouldn't be much of an issue to fix.

Right at the start, I wish there were some arrows telling me to go right because instinctively I went straight after the Sloped hill. due to it being sloped I couldn't see the actual corner from down here!
sds1Qte.png

I feel like some item sets on maps could be moved around. The item set that urked me the most was the ones at the end since they are close to the finish line! I'd say nuke this row since it feels pointless unless you mash the item button.
KCPXZH2.png

Other than that, its a really cool map and I can't wait to see what else you have in mind!

I've pushed out a quick update. This should fix the issues regarding the flat alignment on the speed/spring pads. I've also added some more arrows to guide the player on some turns, and I've changed up the item box placement before the final turn.

If there are any further issues, please let me know!

I feel like there's one too many item sets on the track. Essentially, if I can full-roll (not end early) a triple shoe and can't efficiently use them before hitting the next item row, it might be a little too generous with them. That's a personal thing, though. Pretty track, the lilypads section is interesting (although I found the jumping fish to be somewhat annoying), nice corners.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back