Can't forward my ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Sakume_Mikanse}

It's dancy dance time!
I tried forwarding my ports for the Arris TG1672 modem. Every time I check on the master server, it always doesn't show the information meaning that I haven't forwarded them correctly. What's going on here?
k3AQcOq

k3AQcOq

Times have changed; Don’t let fate remain the same

Have you tried restarting your modem/router? I always have to do it after opening a port for it to take effect.

I tried unplugging it and that didn't work :/

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

What OS are you using? It may be firewall related.
I'm running Windows 10 and I'm using McAfee Firewall. I disable the firewall and it still says that I haven't forwarded my ports.

I have similar issues with my own port forwarding - firewalls down, ports forwarded, but still no dice. But what did solve it for me was turning on the DMZ for the computer in question, and then turning it off when I was done because DMZ mode deprives you of the security NAT provides.

If nothing else works, you could give that a try.

I turned on the DMZ for my modem and then I tried again but that didn't work, so I plugged in my Linksys WR120N router and I forwarded the ports on that router and enabled DMZ on that and it still doesn't work.

I turned on the DMZ for my modem and then I tried again but that didn't work, so I plugged in my Linksys WR120N router and I forwarded the ports on that router and enabled DMZ on that and it still doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure it's your computer's firewall. What is its settings?

Well I have one more idea. Have you turned on "Network Discovery" for "Guest or Public" and "Private" profiles through the Network and Sharing Center's advanced settings?

Last edited:
Well I have one more idea. Have you turned on "Network Discovery" for "Guest or Public" and "Private" profiles through the Network and Sharing Center's advanced settings?
I turned on both of those things and I still get "Server did not respond to the query, either because it has gone offline or the host has not forwarded their ports."

Why won't it work? I remember being able to host before but now I can't.

Looking back at the image
k3AQcOq

Is that your right local ip?
Check with the ipconfig command through cmd

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be your IPV4 address, but you could try that. If you still get the same result just go back to your IPv4 address.
Did you add the port to "Port Triggers"?
9520662388_baf45dbbd5_z.jpg

It should just be all 5029s, and you should make the format "Both" just to be safe.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be your IPV4 address, but you could try that. If you still get the same result just go back to your IPv4 address.
Did you add the port to "Port Triggers"?
9520662388_baf45dbbd5_z.jpg

It should just be all 5029s, and you should make the format "Both" just to be safe.

I put the numbers in the port triggering too and I still don't get anything :/(

Naming the port doesn't restrict it to only that game. Anyways, try making the private IP Address on the virtual server the same as the gateway (the ip of the router settings), which I believe is 192.168.0.1. If not, it's in the address bar.

Last edited:
Naming the port doesn't restrict it to only that game. Anyways, try making the private IP Address on the virtual server the same as the gateway (the ip of the router settings), which I believe is 192.168.0.1. If not, it's in the address bar.

I tried that and it still didn't work! >:|

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Maybe there's something wrong with my modem?

I tried that and it still didn't work! >:|

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Maybe there's something wrong with my modem?

Maybe?
One last thing you could try is changing UDP to Both on Virtual servers. Try both your IPv4 and your gateway IP as well. If that doesn't work, then I'm all out of ideas, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back