Gamecube ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-Up

I would like to know where you can find a reader of gamecube discs for pc, and also how to extract and view the files on them.

Isn't it illegal to talk about this stuff here? Besides, you'll need a pretty good pc, plus a pretty good emulator..

He didn't necessarily ask how to emulate or where to find the ISOs. He's just asking how to get your PC to read and extract them.
Either way, I don't know. I THINK GCN discs are Mini DVDs, so you'll probably need a DVD-R and some program that extracts ISOs. I think WinRAR can do that.

Shuffle, that is NOT the way to read Gamecube disks. You'll need a GC Broadband Adapter, Phantasy Star Online, and a few tools.

By the way, the GC Disks read differently, from the GC Disks reading starts from the edge of the disk, and a normal PC Disk reading from the middle.

Here is a tutorial:

Phase 1: Initialize the memory card
Tools Needed: PSUL v1.1
Phantasy Star Online Game Disc
Memory Card
Gamecube Broadband Adapter

Note: If you actually play Phantasy Star Online, you may want to use another memory card for this. Also, you only have to initialize your memory card once, not before each rip or game load.

Step 1: Boot Phantasy Star Online Game Disc
Pretty self explanitory.

Step 2: Setup Network Profile

When prompted for the TCP/IP settings, choose manual, do not auto-disconnect, and enter an IP address of 192.168.1.32 with a subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and a default gateway of 192.168.1.100. For the Primary DNS server,

enter 192.168.1.100. Start the PSUL utility on the PC side with the following DOS prompt command: "psul -s". This

make your PC into a sort of Phantasy Star Online game server. Now start an online game using the character you chose and the DOL file will upload to your memory card allowing you to transfer game data to and from your PC.

Step 3: Configure TCP/IP on your PC

Access the TCPI/IP properties for the network card on your PC and change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. No default gateway is required for this to work.

Step 4: Create a Character for Online Play

Next, create a character. It really doesn't how or which character you choose. When prompted for your hunter's license, enter anything you wish. It also might be handy to select the save password to memory card as well so you don't have to enter it each time.

Step 5: Start it all up

On your PC, run "psul -s" at a DOS prompt. It should then say waiting for connection or someting to that effect. Next, start an online game of Phantasy Star using the character profile you chose. It will then try to connect to your PC. If successful, your PC will display the messages "Saving user info on memory card..." and

"Done..."

--------------------

Phase 2: Extract ISO Image from Game Disc

Tools Needed: Gamecube ISO Ripping Server 1.0.0.29
Download Here: No link currently known
Initialized Memory Card (See Phase 1)

Step1: Boot Phantasy Star Online Game Disc
Pretty self explanatory.

Step 2: Start Gamecube ISO Ripping Server Run the Gamecube ISO Ripping Server tool on your PC you configured above. Select the destination folder and name for the Gamecube game image file to be created then start the utility. You should get a message stating that it is waiting for a connection.

Step 3: Start Phantasy Star Online game in online mode
Start Phantasy Star Online in online mode. It will connect to the server running on the PC and start downloading the ripper code from it. When this is complete, a red screen will appear on the Gamecube and shortly thereafter, you will be prompted to insert the disc you want to rip within 10 seconds. Do this, and once the 10 seconds has passed, your PC will start downloading the image from the disc. When complete, you should have a game disc image on your PC approximately 1.4GB in size. Approximate download time is about an hour or so.

--------------------

Phase 3: Stream Game Disc Image to Gamecube

Tools Needed: Paradox GC Disc Server
Download Here: http://www.maxconsole.com/?mode=down...&categoryid=45
Initialized Memory Card (See Phase 1)

Step 1: Start Paradox GC Disc Server

Start the Paradox GC Disc server on your PC. Select the correct IP address for the Gamecube and the Gamecube disc image file you wish to load. Click start then start an online game in Phantasy Star Online. It should connect to your PC and start executing the game you uploaded.

--------------------

Known Issues:

Remeber you are streaming game data to the Gamecube at 10 Megabits/sec. The broadband adapter is capable of transferring data at 100 Megabits/sec., however, since the good folks at Sega assumed nobody has Internet faster than 10 Megabits, they decided to lock the transfer speed down to that rate. There is currently as of this writing no known fix for this but I hear something is in the works and may be released before Christmas. Games with lots of FMV may run choppy due to peformance issues with the network speed and in-game music is usually affected as well.

One fix that helps in some cases is to remove your memory card when you get the group intro press start screen prior to the actual game executing. To save your progress, insert your memory card when you need to save and remove it when save completes.

Look here for tools: http://www.dextrose.com/

Oh, you can get all the data from the disc from that method? News to me. I thought you could only 'stream' the game from your PC to your GCN to play it.

First off, you're not ignorant enough to call Gamecube ISO's ROMs, right?

Although an ISO is technically a ROM, you do not call a CD image, especially a large one, a ROM.

Second off, I did have a utility at one point, that let me read gamecube discs right on my computer, but then I formatted my Boot Camp partition.

Man, I don't even remember what it was called, either, but it tricked the CD drive into reading it backwards, and therefore was painfully slow, but it did work!

Damnit, though, I can't remember. I used it to get the ADX files from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle once. The ones that weren't on the DC version.

I have those in MP3 if anyone wants them still.

EDIT: Never mind, I found out I was using one of like, three compatible external DVD drives... meh.

Funny how you say that, I just typed "gamecube" on an unnamed torrent search engine and found several pages worth of GCN ISOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back