Fixed Incorrect Knuckles frame names in player.dta

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title suggests, if you check player.dta in Slade or something, you can easily find 2 obvious naming mistakes for Knuckles' frames. Okay, maybe not that obvious...

KNUXX*X* should probably be changed to KNUXX*Z*, and likewise KNUXZ*Z* should be changed to KNUXZ*X*. I mean, does Knuckles quickly switch which hand and foot is up and down on a wall when moving the camera from behind him to right of him?

I think it'd make "more" "sense" if his... spikes switch between up and down while climbing, rather than him switching whether his left/right hand/foot is up or down. The spikes switching would certainly look better if moving around him in multiplayer than the hands/feet.

None of you would ever guess someone would notice something as tiny as this. That's not a question, but a statement. I may be wrong, but still. Oh, and if anyone is up for a little bit of spriting, Knuckles is missing right-view angles for tipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the developers cared that much about symmetry, then every sprite would have all 8 angles. This is a neat cheap trick to get around the extra workload, but it's definitely not a bug and you're not doing yourself any favours by marking what is a blatant feature suggestion as a bug report.

You're also not doing yourself any favours by conducting yourself in such an embarassing manner with the ridiculous and passive-aggressive way you've written your post, but that's a different matter entirely and I'm not the tone police.

If the developers cared that much about symmetry, then every sprite would have all 8 angles. This is a neat cheap trick to get around the extra workload, but it's definitely not a bug and you're not doing yourself any favours by marking what is a blatant feature suggestion as a bug report.
Well, walking/running/etcetera sprites did look awkward when rotating the camera from behind to the right in versions prior to 2.1, however as 2.1 featured this "neat cheap trick" for most of the frames which could use hit, I think it's weird the climbing frames don't have it. I did decide to wait until 2.1.9 before reporting it when I noticed it, in case it had already been noticed. Since it wasn't "fixed" even in 2.1.10, I decided to report it. I would never have reported this if the "neat cheap trick" wasn't introduced to the vanilla characters' animations in the first place.

TL;DR
: Some character animations do the frame-to-other-frame flip, but climbing doesn't, and I see that as a bug.

You're also not doing yourself any favours by conducting yourself in such an embarassing manner with the ridiculous and passive-aggressive way you've written your post, but that's a different matter entirely and I'm not the tone police.
Reading the original post over twice, I still don't see what you mean by that. Ridiculous? Sure, but I always type stuff ridiculously. Passive-aggressive? I don't see it. And if it does look passive-aggressive, that was not intended at all.

Reading the original post over twice, I still don't see what you mean by that. Ridiculous? Sure, but I always type stuff ridiculously. Passive-aggressive? I don't see it. And if it does look passive-aggressive, that was not intended at all.
You're still doing it

I agree with toaster, please stick your ideas into suggestions since they're clearly not fucking bug reports. This is far from the first time I've seen you do this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back