The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may just be the only one in the world who just does not like this series at all, and does not understand its popularity. I watched a bit of one episode, and I still do not get why it's so popular. :[
That's just the thing. You have to watch a whole episode. The first two are sorta cheesy/cliche/whatever, but the show gets better as the series progresses.

I may just be the only one in the world who just does not like this series at all, and does not understand its popularity. I watched a bit of one episode, and I still do not get why it's so popular. :[

I Agree. The Show is Lame. Friendship!? Thats So lame. The Creator is trying to make it not babyish and she's failing, Big Time.

Last edited:
Friendship!? Thats So lame.
Yeah. Real men have no friends!

Seriously, what? It's not like this is the only TV show about friendship, and certainly not all of the others are what you'd call "girly".

I guess I never mentioned where I am on that scale. Well, I watched and enjoyed all the episodes, read some fanfiction, lurked around Ponychan a bit but stopped doing that, joined #srb2pony but mostly idle in there, and in general don't dedicate much time to this shows even though I do like it. So saying I'm a Twilight Sparkle would be a stretch, but I don't feel weird about liking it either, so it's not anything below that. I guess I don't fit on that scale.

I mean sure, people have friends but a hole show about friendship is bad. I accually think that this show is babyish, not girly. I will Change that post

I mean sure, people have friends but a hole show about friendship is bad. I accually think that this show is babyish, not girly. I will Change that post

Geez, what are you, 8? Are you gonna go on a rant about cooties now? Did you even bother watching Episode 3 or anything after? Episodes 1 & 2 arn't really an indicator of what the series is (Given it was a pilot for a different concept).

Just going to take this time to highlight some of the crazier things this fanbase have been doing that might interest the people here.

Some of the people over at Ponychan have been creating singalongs for several of the songs from the show which have turned out pretty good. The singing isn't amazing for a variety of reasons, but they're still interesting to listen too regardless. Furthermore, guess who took part in these songs from the SRB2 community, win nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjpnRdIl9Mw - Winter Wrap Up singalong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7OVOYHb1v8 - Cutie Mark Crusader Theme singalong

On an entirely different note, there's also been a few Pony games in the works. Two MMO's, an RPG, a rather ambitious platformer and a fighting game being the most notable ones.

However, the fighting game has had some decent progress made and there's an entertaining preview video up no less. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSlnZxvi37s

Random tidbits from the fanbase, being crazy and unusually productive.

RmDiL.png

Heh.

*pic*
Heh.
My day. It has been made. Thank you sir.

Whackjood said:
On an entirely different note, there's also been a few Pony games in the works. Two MMO's, an RPG, a rather ambitious platformer and a fighting game being the most notable ones.

However, the fighting game has had some decent progress made and there's an entertaining preview video up no less. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSlnZxvi37s
I've been thinking about what a Pony MMO would be like. I figured it would be more about exploration and crafting. I could imagine some "combat" in the form of PvP events. I always think about Guild Wars' Winterfest snowball fights for some reason when I think about it.

That fighting game looks kind of... fun. I think I'd have a good time playing it.

I hope the Platformer and Fighting Game go somewhere. That fighting game looks fun at the moment.

Welp, finally gave it a shot, it was... Okay...

I liked it, but I still don't think it deserves to be as insanely popular as it is. Of course, I've only seen the first 4 episodes(and also 25 due to a friend's recomendation) so I suppose after a couple more it'll get better(and considering that's been said atleast 3 times in this topic now, it's probably true)...

So, to stop being a pony-hating hypocrite, I actually tried to watch some of the show. I made the unfortunate mistake of watching the first episode, so after about 40 seconds of ridiculous back-story about winged unicorns pulling the Sun or something, I stopped.

But then I watched a clip from the show featuring the ditzy pink and broody purple pony going about what I assume are their typical antics. It was funny, but really nothing that would demand a second viewing of. Were I a 4-year old girl and not a neck-bearded young man, I think I'd be more enthusiastic.

Besides, I have reruns of Space Ghost: Coast to Coast and Home Movies to keep me entertained.

Last edited:
I was thinking of the abilities for a Rainbow Dash WAD. Can't she have the ones like Super Sonic? Y'know, thok and fly. Can someone make that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back