SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I am guessing he has the old configuration. Here is a relevant quote from the SRB2 Doom Builder tutorial page that can help you.
srb2wiki said:
The file is found here. Once you have downloaded the file, you need to put it in the SRB2 Doom Builder folder where you installed it (typically in C:\Program Files\SRB2 Doom Builder). You should also delete srb2ex.cfg in that folder unless you still want to make maps for 1.09.4. Now open SRB2 Doom Builder and click on Tools → Configuration. From there, click on the Files tab and select Sonic Robo Blast 2 v2.0. After that, click on the browse button and look for srb2.srb in your SRB2 directory.

Here
is the rest of the SRB2 Doom tutorial if you need to use it.

Last edited:
Lastly, I can't figure why, but Doombuilder - both original and SRB2 versions - refuse to open my single player level Dark Palisades, reporting an overflow error. This is very strange as I originally built the level in Doombuilder. =[

I've had this same error, becuase a (or more) sector(s) are out of the "redbox" area, which I think it is the limit to map on. Anyway, All the other maps I made are NOT out of the box Area and now I don't get an Overflow Error anymore. :D

Omg...Thats a lot of pages....this reply goes to Tets on page 6, I think. Anyway I don't have time to look through all those pages so this problem might have been answered.

Last edited:
I need help because that map bite pointer isn't there by that I mean its a line maker that makes floor and etc can you help me with that problem.If not don't answer not literally.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

WOW thanx :D

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

How to delete srb2ex.cfg because I don't know if you tell me I can finally make lvls again.

Is there any way that you could release a Linux binary?
Yadex isn't up to date for my distro, and crashes.
I'll be happy even if you release the source so I can compile it. (I assume C/C++)

First thing's first, is that config still the most recent? Just checking...

Second, I'm on a Vista at the moment and I'm not sure what to do because of Doomworld forums blocking me from reading it (I'm not a user), so would someone be able to tell me (or link me) how to get SRB2DB running on a Vista/7?
Don't say I haven't checked the link on the first page since I'm on it now, and it won't let me on.

That is all, I apreciate your help.
...if you do that is. :\

I heard it didn't work due to compatibility issues though. I'll download it though and see if it works.

Edit: Well I can't set an IWAD, so that's pretty bad. Any help?
Gives me run tie error 57 (I think) if I cancel out of Tools > Configuration, hit the Close button on the entire thing and when I try to set an IWAD so far.

Last edited:
Huh. It works perfectly fine for me. Oh, I forgot to say that I ran it as administrator. You can go into the file properties and go to the compatibility tab and check on "Run this program as administrator" so you don't have to right click and run as administrator all the time.

Last edited:
Is there any way that you could release a Linux binary?
Yadex isn't up to date for my distro, and crashes.
I'll be happy even if you release the source so I can compile it. (I assume C/C++)

Use Winetricks to install the VB6 runtimes and IE6, and it will work fine. Even 3D mode works.

does the current config draw lines between Axis Transfer Lines in outline mode? Because the one I have doesn't and the one I have that does is for 1.09.4.

I tried opening the SRB2 Doom Builder on my ubuntu with WINE and showed up every time this error here: Error in LoadConfiguration 429: ActiveX can not create object.
(I know this isn't the Help topic this is a suggestion about this topic)
Next in a near future ,I can use my SRB2 Doom Builder in my OS ? witch out Wine ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back