SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoxBlitzz said:
I think I found a bug. Testing a game with the Time-only Race gametype selected will have it use the CTF gametype instead. Also, the Full Race gametype will start with Tag instead, so it's selecting the gametype two options above.

And for some very odd reason, Team Match does Race mode.

Forgot to update the list indexes again? :P

it's a bug in SRB2
see here: http://sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/viewtopic.php?p=73935#73935

The multi flag is improperly named "Multiplayer". From what I can guess, it's a "Multiple Use" flag, because well.. it has multiple uses. For push objects, it makes it easier to push them and they bounce when hitting the ground. For Bosses, using the Multi flag makes the boss fly away instead of conjuring up an Egg Capsule.
Edit: According to Mystic, it IS called Multiplayer. But that isn't really what we use it for..

In the FOF dialog, how come you can't set the floor below 0? Otherwise water looks weird on sectors with a floor of 0.

I'm having a horrible time trying to use the Convert to Stairs option. If I tell it to adjust ceilings along with floors, the ceilings lower while the floors raise, pretty much closing up the sectors entirely. The build based on Width and Height options seem to do nothing. And there is no way to build the stairs in any direction aside from "from left to right".

Hi, Oogaland

Could you make a TODO list and put it up here so people know that you are working on some of the bugs, suggestions, etc. The reason is that some people made suggestion and may not know if it is being worked on or something like that.

Thanks,

Sonict

Sonict said:
Could you make a TODO list and put it up here so people know that you are working on some of the bugs, suggestions, etc. The reason is that some people made suggestion and may not know if it is being worked on or something like that.
Here's something I threw together quickly from the pieces of paper scattered across my desk:

Bugs I haven't been able to reproduce yet:

Crash: Creation of zero-height FOF. #71928
Crash: Undo during paste.
Crash: Placing a thing on a FOF in 3D mode.
Incorrect sector references following sector draw. #73957
Apparent multiple selection after creating new sector (dialogue displayed immediately?). #74097

Bugs I have reproduced but haven't got round to fixing yet:

Lassoing a selection doesn't update the info bar.
Sector description references aren't updated when sector numbers change.
Selection offset creep.

Features I might add, if I feel like it:

Instant death for FOFs.
Handle F_SKY1 in 3D mode, if only partially.
Linedef executor toolbox.
MS Paint-style copying. #74070
Choose thing type at random when placing.
Float deaf rings in 3D mode.
Show FOF info for selected sector(s).
Option to use old info bar behaviour.
Convert the *.bmp to resources.
MDI.
Option to disable colouring of zero-height lines as impassable.
Actually make Convert to Stairs useful.
Control sector size customisation.
Make the quick-FOF feature of 3D mode less stupid.
Spruce up the error detection result list.
Restore MAPnnD editing, but without the huge menu.
F(OF)^n editing.
Rename headers when changing map numbers.
Tidy the menus.
'Save Into' feature.
New icon.
Documentation.
Remember toolbar layout.
Further reports of bugs in the first section are still useful, especially if a detailed series of steps can be given to reproduce them.

Wah! I found a bug!
If you highlight a sector and then click the "FOF Setup" button,
it gives you an error message:

Code:
Runtime error '339':
Component 'COMDLG632.OGX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid

I first thought this was just because I was highlighting multiple sectors, but I tried again, and it comes up for just 1 (one)! Am I missing something? I have r18...

EDIT: Y'know, come to think of it, even in regular DB, FOFs don't really work correctly on my map. Is there something I'm missing??

Oogaland said:
Features I might add, if I feel like it:

Handle F_SKY1 in 3D mode, if only partially.
Linedef executor toolbox.
MS Paint-style copying. #74070
Float deaf rings in 3D mode.
Show FOF info for selected sector(s).
Option to disable colouring of zero-height lines as impassable.
Actually make Convert to Stairs useful.
Spruce up the error detection result list.
Restore MAPnnD editing, but without the huge menu.
F(OF)^n editing.
Rename headers when changing map numbers.
Tidy the menus.
'Save Into' feature.
New icon.
Documentation.
Remember toolbar layout.

I like all those. :D Can't wait for those features to be released.

I might make a documentation for it sometime once this finally reaches some form of beta rather than alpha. I'm really into this. (If you haven't guessed.)

Here's something that should keep you busy:

Buggy3D.png

Making the renderer stable. I swear, its glitchy polygon mess sometimes obstructs the entire screen, at worst. I tried turning off FOF previewing, but that doesn't fix the problem.

Edit: Replaced with glitchier picture.

Geez, how the heck does that happen? I've NEVER had that problem with DoomBuilder. Must be ATI. ;D

No, it's probably because you're on a different Build than I am. You're on Build 16, I'm on Build 18. Normal Doom Builder doesn't have that problem.

I think this is a bug:

When you test a map (Test.wad), it creates a map called (tempmap.wad) and then plays it.

Is this a bug, or has it always been there?

Another bug: In the testing dialog, No character was selected so when it tried to run the game, SRB2Builder crashed with a runtime error. I don't remember the error code, I think it was 13?

Sonict

Sonict said:
I think this is a bug:

When you test a map (Test.wad), it creates a map called (tempmap.wad) and then plays it.

It's always been there, it's to test your wad without actually saving it.

Hi, Oogaland. I am running into trouble here.

1) I know that you are working on the "convert to stairs" option to make it better. Could you maybe put on a higher priority after you fix the annoying bugs? I'm trying to use this function, but its buggy. (Can't select flat, can't select direction, and can't have a start height and a end height)

2) Is there an ML_BLOCKSOUND flag in SRB2builder? If so, where is it? I need to know so I can try out something and maybe able to report a bug (for SRB2).

Thats all for now.

Sonict

Magma the Fox said:
Wah! I found a bug!
If you highlight a sector and then click the "FOF Setup" button,
it gives you an error message:

Code:
Runtime error '339':
Component 'COMDLG632.OGX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid

I first thought this was just because I was highlighting multiple sectors, but I tried again, and it comes up for just 1 (one)! Am I missing something? I have r18...
COMDLG632.OCX? Are you sure it isn't COMDLG32.OCX? Why this is misbehaving, I don't know, but running the following at the command line might fix it:

Code:
regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx

Magma the Fox said:
EDIT: Y'know, come to think of it, even in regular DB, FOFs don't really work correctly on my map. Is there something I'm missing??
Depends on how you define 'working': If you mean they don't work correctly in-game, then yes, you are doing something wrong. :P Take a look at a441's tutorial. If, on the other hand, you mean they don't appear in 3D mode, then you're probably not doing anything wrong, since vanilla DB has no notion of FOFs and so doesn't render them.

JJames19119 said:
I like all those. :D Can't wait for those features to be released.
I'd caution observance of the following before indulging in excessive optimism:

I said:
if I feel like it
I would hope to get most of them in, though, eventually. The least likely is the use of the MDI.

JJames19119 said:
I might make a documentation for it sometime once this finally reaches some form of beta rather than alpha. I'm really into this. (If you haven't guessed.)
Thank you, that would be very helpful.

FoxBlitzz said:
Here's something that should keep you busy:

[Eyeball-twisting image.]

Making the renderer stable. I swear, its glitchy polygon mess sometimes obstructs the entire screen, at worst. I tried turning off FOF previewing, but that doesn't fix the problem.
Yeah, this is a pain in the neck. It has been reported in vanilla DB, though: see this thread at DoomWorld (the last image, not the first two), where CodeImp himself suggests:

CodeImp said:
I think the polygon across the screen in the first screenshot are caused somewhere in the pipeline between DB and your screen (directx -> video driver -> video card). DB definitely does not make these polygons (you can tell because the texture is all streched out and DB uses a simple linear formula for texture coordinates related to map coordinates). I'm afraid there is nothing I can do about that.
It does seem to occur rather more frequently in DBSRB2, though, so I'll see whether I can't at least reverse that trend.

Sonict said:
I think this is a bug:

Another bug: In the testing dialog, No character was selected so when it tried to run the game, SRB2Builder crashed with a runtime error. I don't remember the error code, I think it was 13?

Sonict
JJames answered your first point. As to the second: my intention was to force the user to select a character, but I must've forgotten either to set a default character or to read in the last-used character. Once a character's selected, there's no problem, since you can't clear the selection in a simple combobox. /me adds the bug to his list.

Sonict said:
Hi, Oogaland. I am running into trouble here.

1) I know that you are working on the "convert to stairs" option to make it better. Could you maybe put on a higher priority after you fix the annoying bugs? I'm trying to use this function, but its buggy. (Can't select flat, can't select direction, and can't have a start height and a end height)
Yeah, CtS needs lots of work. I'll try to do something about that in the not-too-distant future.

Sonict said:
2) Is there an ML_BLOCKSOUND flag in SRB2builder? If so, where is it? I need to know so I can try out something and maybe able to report a bug (for SRB2).
Yes: it's the "no climb" flag.

The crazy thing is, it didn't happen in earlier versions of vanilla DB (Just a few random missing polygons, nothing too bad). However, vanilla DB did have glitchy polygons when the camera is inside of a Thing's box. Because of this, I'm guessing that there's something in the visibility code that's making it all glitchy. Maybe the glitchy polygons are getting a bad reference as to where they should connect next, and instead stretch themselves off the screen.

I think this is a bug:

If a linedef face outwards like this "+", the convert to stairs option can't find the sides.

Sonict

The autosaving routine STILL runs even if the map has not changed.

Also, how would you go about associating WADs with DB so that when you double click them in Windows Explorer, DB opens the map up for editing? I tried it the old fashioned way and didn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back