Level Has No Nodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but I also need help actually getting the level to start in 2D mode.
I also need help in getting Sonic to spawn on the sector for him to walk on instead of spawning in the water on the sector around it and immediately dying. Please help!

Well first, I would make sure the player spawn point thing is in the right place and also I would check to see if you have any duplicates of the Player 1 Spawn.

Last edited:
Well first, I would make sure the player spawn point thing is in the right place and also I would check to see if you have any duplicates of the Player 1 Spawn.

I did all of that but it still makes me spawn on the water so i instantly die!
I should just give a link to this so you can fix it, I can't get 2D working and I can't even get to spawn in the right place!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0m0isr

Okay, when I try to load this up in SRB2DB, I get an overflow error, and when I try to play it, I get a "Level has no sectors" error, so something must be very wrong with this. Looking at the WAD in a lump editor, it looks like the map doesn't even have its nodes built. I can't tell you what's causing the problem, but you should add a thok barrier to your level, maybe that already fixes it.

Okay, when I try to load this up in SRB2DB, I get an overflow error, and when I try to play it, I get a "Level has no sectors" error, so something must be very wrong with this. Looking at the WAD in a lump editor, it looks like the map doesn't even have its nodes built. I can't tell you what's causing the problem, but you should add a thok barrier to your level, maybe that already fixes it.

But I don't know how to make a thok barrier.

Now when I do that the map says I have no sectors!
Please can somebody fix it? I really want to make a 2D map and when I use SRB2 Doom Builder, things always mess up!

Well, I don't know what causes that, but if you send the version of the map with the thok barrier in it, I'll have another look.

Also, it doesn't seem like you have much of a clue of what you're doing. Have you read the SRB2DB tutorial on the wiki?

No...I didn't read it.
Then how do you expect to learn how to make a map? Trial and error and asking for help whenever it doesn't work?

By the way, I still can't load the map in SRB2DB. Unless someone else figures out what the problem is, I think your best bet is to delete the WAD and start over, this time with a thok barrier already in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back