Server's Unreachable yet some can join

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuspark

I tried hosting a server today. My ports were forwarded and the firewalls were turned off. But when I check the Master Server on the Message Board, it says it's unreachable. Strangely, some people joined the server and one said that he saw it on the Master Server in game. Can anyone figure out how to fix this?

Well, first off. I've had the same issue only I've only notice it says ''Server did not respond to the query, either because it has gone offline or the host has not forwarded their ports." when my computer or internet are doing multiple tasks and go slow and usually the lag rises but after it goes down it says it is reachable again. Also, listserv retrieves the list from the MS and sicne the MS shows the unreachable servers as well I'm pretty sure servers that don't have their ports forwarded show up, but I'm not too sure on that. The only thing I can say is you shouldn't really worry.

Sounds like this may have to do with the way you forwarded your ports. Either way it seems as if there is something blocking your server from registering it's info correctly on the MS. Maybe some hidden firewall or something? I am not sure, but if people can join your server just fine then it's nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back