Super form no longer triggering, ever. (Resolved?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegix

Generally Friendly
EDIT: The issue is no longer happening to me as of this moment, I will update this topic if I can get a gif of it in action.

For some strange reason, I am no longer able to enter super form with Sonic (or any other super-enabled character for that matter).

I can have all the emeralds and 50 rings, and I'll thok instead. I can use a level wad that has a "You automatically turn super now" sector, and I won't go super.

Vanilla or with wads, it's the same problem.

This happens whether I'm playing in Software mode or OpenGL mode.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, how did you fix it?

(If I have to reinstall the game, what files do I need to keep to keep my emblem and unlock progress?)

Last edited:
I would try it. The Emblem data is stored in the "gamedata.dat"
The files in the arcive are without any saves. So reinstalling SRB2 into the same directory will not delete your emblem data.
Also something from the 2.1.14 update:

Due to the number of changed files in this release, there is no patch download; the only download available is the full installer. To upgrade from a previous version, just install the new version into the same directory; your game data, save files, and the like should all remain intact.

But if you want to play save you can create a backup.

Full reinstall doesn't change anything. I still can't go super.

I triple checked my game options to see if there was something in there that might be causing it, but it doesn't look like it.

I even suspected it might be the launcher somehow, but it doesn't seem to be the case. The problem still happens if I load the files manually.

This is very perplexing. It was working fine on my old laptop, but somehow, it doesn't work on this one. 0_o It can't be windows 8 interfering somehow, right? That just sounds beyond silly.

Never heard of this issue... are totally never heard of wads such as turnsuper.lua "fixing" it in some way, though? If even a reinstall didn't work, I have no clue what might've caused this; are you sure you've put it in a completly different folder etc?

Actually, I would like to see a gif of vanilla Sonic not turning super please. This bug... Or mistake... Is quite a phenomena to solve...

I might have an idea:
I had pretty weird graphical issues with SRB2 while the gaming evolved app by AMD was running in the background. Also SRB2 kinda freaks out when I try to gamecapture it with OBS (and eventually crashes). You might have a recorder running in the background or some other programms that are interfering with games like SRB2. You might check your background programms. I know you can't transform into super and I had graphical glitches and those are two different things but that is still what I suspect even if it sounds silly.

...And of course, the second I boot the game up to record it, it actually starts working normally again. What the actual hell.

Umm...I'll update this topic if it happens again. *goes back to scratching his head, in a confused way*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back