Quick Custom Edit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Blake

Like in the dirt?!?
I'll keep this plain and simple. I have been wanting to edit a personal version of blade's Metal Sonic wad to add back in his old double jump, yet I would still like to have his new LUA abilities. However, when I go and switch it from boostjump to doublejump, the LUA script stops affecting the spindash/spike breaker abilities. Any ideas why this is? Also, may I get a quick synopsis of the other 3 new abilities in 2.1 (Airdrill, Telekinesis, Fallswitch)?

Fall Switch reverses your Z axis momentum. Air Drill is a giant boost upwards. Haven't tried telekinesis yet. I don't know how to help you with your problem though, sorry.

Fall Switch reverses your Z axis momentum. Air Drill is a giant boost upwards. Haven't tried telekinesis yet. I don't know how to help you with your problem though, sorry.

Oh. Well, I went and tried them also. Fall switch I have no use for, it seems to be an ability you need to get creative to make effective. Air Drill I kinda like, seems like a more controllable, slower thok that gains you some height. And telekinesis, at first I saw nothing, however I found it simple moves nearby enemies farther (press jump twice) or closer (jump then spin in the air) to you, which seems kinda useless, actually, unless it had an effect on bosses and projectiles.

So now that just leaves the problem with my edited metal sonic. At first I thought it was simply I needed to change the parameters to search for the rename of the skin (named it metal on both the one objconfig parameter and the two s_skin parameters) in the LUA script, however even with that my custom metal sonic still just spin dashes, which is annoying me, more so about how I do not know how to fix it rather than the problem itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back