I can't start the game anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Token

Hello there,
after one and a half year (or so), I decided to start this game once again. I had my game data on my old computer, so I transmitted the old data to the computer I'm using right now. The problem is, when I start srb2win, I only get a blackscreen and an error when I try to open that window again:

"SRB2 Error
SRB2.SRB/SRB2.WAD not found! Expected in C:\Windows\System32\SRB2 2.0.6, ss files: C:\Windows\System32\SRB2 2.0.6\srb2.srb and C:\Windows\System32\SRB2 2.0.6\srb2.wad"

Is there any way to solve this problem? And BTW, just installing this game new won't work, I tried it, and ended up with the same problem.

In the same folder where everything else is. I also tried to move the whole folder to C:\Windows\System32, with the success that only the error appears.

Well, that's odd then, because the error should only happen if srb2.srb is not in the same folder as everything else, which should include the exe you're launching the game with in the first place. =S

Try putting your Srb2.srb file in the folder thats expected. If that does not work, copy Srb2.srb and delete it. Then paste the copy and see what happens.

Nope... same problem again. And I've tried your first tip already, as I mentioned above, and at least I didn't get the blackscreen first, but I got the error immediately.

Are you running it as an administrator? It sounds like you are. Don't run it as an administrator, launch it normally.

I don't really understand, but that doesn't matter anymore, as the problem somehow fixed itself without me having to do anything(maybe the computer just needed a restart after the copy+paste of the srb2.srb), so I'm fine now. Thanks to all, who tried to help, what the real problem was, will be a mystery. ^^

Maybe you should download SRB2 again and if that works copy your gamedata to the new SRB2 folder.

Okay, scratch that, the 2.1.6-version is doing the same thing to me again. Yesterday, it worked beautifully and now... Is that my computer or just me? *-*

Okay, scratch that, the 2.1.6-version is doing the same thing to me again. Yesterday, it worked beautifully and now... Is that my computer or just me? *-*

Do you have only the patch in your folder? There should be also everything else too. That's one suggestiong.

Another one: Once my srb2.srb corrupted when I opened it with XWE.
Have you opened that with any program?

Do you have only the patch in your folder? There should be also everything else too. That's one suggestiong.

Ummm... I'm not sure if I understood that question correctly. ^^ After downloading the 2.1.0 and the patch, I put all 3 files from the patch into the original SRB2-folder and started the new srb2win. That worked great until 2 hours ago.

Another one: Once my srb2.srb corrupted when I opened it with XWE.
Have you opened that with any program?

No, I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back