Character Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper Metal Sonic

Overlord of Robotics
Please I need help! The character wad I'm making has all of the things it needs, but it keeps saying " R_InstallSpritelump: Bad frame characters in lump EMERA0".

I once got that error, but I didn't have an EMERA0 Lump. I declare this error one of SRB2's "WTF?!?! moments".

Loads of people have been asking this question lately. Normally, that error just means that the game doesn't like the way you've ordered your lumps. See if they need reorganizing, and make sure that your character's frames come DIRECTLY after the S_SKIN lump.

The latest SlumpED CAN save wads with lowercase lumps. The problem is, that it loads WADs with all uppercase lumps. So, if you have to use SlumpED with character WADs, then do the lowercase lumps last.

There's a cyan color in the pallete that is NOT near the other cyan colors. Use that in the background. If you can't find the color, just pick it up off another character wad, or look st the transparent wall/floor textures in the srb2.srb.

I'm afraid that's what I did I picked it up from another wad and all I can see is a dark blue background when I play the wad.

Last edited:
Well, which wad would it be? Try a 2.0 one, like Hinote or Senku, if you have not already.

I figured out what I did wrong thank you. Now all I need to know is how to make the wad become super, like sonic when he transforms, any ideas?

Make the super fames and put Superanims = 1 in the MAINCFG (I think). Note that you CANNOT go super in Single player (yet), just Match and CTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back