Questions about 2d mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

a guy

Wild In The Streets
Is there a way to turn off sonic thok ability,Im working on a 2d level pack and sonic's thok lets him go over platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, that's what makes designing 2D levels a challenge. You've got to make sure that the natural design of the level stops or slows the player before they run into hazards they can't see. For example, make it so that there is a raised block right before a death pit, so that the player runs into it and stops, giving them time to react. Naturally, this could get repetitive, so you've got to be creative in how the level presents its hazards with time to spare.

Thokking, on the other hand, isn't such a big deal. Only an idiot would Thok excessively in 2D levels, so you don't really need to worry about that.

This is all a very roundabout way of telling you that, no, there isn't a way to turn off Sonic's thok. Unless you added in a custom character that looks like Sonic but has no Thok ability, and used FORCESKIN in your levels to always force the player to use that edited character.

SRB1 mode was made especially for this issue. It makes every player slower, and slows down the thok to be more useful for 2d mode. Unfortunately, due to a miscommunication on my part, it can only be used if a person has unlocked SRB1 remake.

I have proposed that SRB1 mode would be merged with 2d mode with a couple of tweaks so that 2d mode would always be manageable.

Srb1 mode was mode for this issue huh...
Because it seems as if Srb1 itself was made for this issue...wierd.
It's not that Sonic goes very fast in that anyway.

SRB1 mode was made especially for this issue. It makes every player slower, and slows down the thok to be more useful for 2d mode. Unfortunately, due to a miscommunication on my part, it can only be used if a person has unlocked SRB1 remake , and the wad does not contain custom unlockables.

I have proposed that SRB1 mode would be merged with 2d mode with a couple of tweaks so that 2d mode would always be manageable.

You left a bit out. I ran into this problem while working on the SRB2TGF remake. It didn't matter if I had it unlocked or not. the wad file it was in had custom unlockables and denied access to SRB1 mode.

That's because you hadn't unlocked SRB1 Remake in your mod either. All of SRB2's unlockables exist in mods with custom data. It's stupid, I know, and I wish somebody took care of that. 2.0 hardcoded a lot of stuff which used to be freely customizable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back