OLDC Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

M[T]P

Training my mapmaking skill
I honestly don't know IF Someone else has posted this before(Too many pages to lookup and search function isn't the best way...)

~~~~~~~~~~~Alright, now let me elaborate:

Instead of free-maps all the time on OLDC mapping, why don't we have
some kind of theme for each OLDC? I think by this way people are forced to think correctly before making maps as they wanted to.

[Although I know the cons might be that 'n00bs' would try to name the map like the theme, but actually isn't(lying), etc. But this is just a suggestion]

If not bi-monthly theme, why not yearly theme? I guess I explained much :P

I honestly don't know IF Someone else has posted this before(Too many pages to lookup and search function isn't the best way...)

~~~~~~~~~~~Alright, now let me elaborate:

Instead of free-maps all the time on OLDC mapping, why don't we have
some kind of theme for each OLDC? I think by this way people are forced to think correctly before making maps as they wanted to.

[Although I know the cons might be that 'n00bs' would try to name the map like the theme, but actually isn't(lying), etc. But this is just a suggestion]

If not bi-monthly theme, why not yearly theme? I guess I explained much :P

Weird, I was thinking about this earlier today.

[/Pointless post.]

Do you seriously think that's a good way to get people to be creative? I never know what to expect each contest. And that's a good thing.

All of the levels would feel too similar, if not nearly identical to each other.

For example, imagine if we had an ice theme for a contest, we would get a lot of generic ice levels. Same would apply for GFZ, CEZ, or any themes as such.

For single player, this is strictly out of the question. Very few people (if any) would be willing to start a project as large as a single player based solely on external inspiration. To make a good single player map, you need your own ideas, so I guarantee you that if we did this, there would be either no entries or a few really bad ones.

For multiplayer, this could work because layout and theme aren't as strictly linked together. But as others lined out, it's dull to have a pack in which every map has the same theme. So I don't see the appeal of this idea.

Hm. I don't think this is a good idea for a bi-monthly contest. Maybe if someone would/could re-introduce that Week of SRB2 thing (or whatever it was called) a broad theme would be a good idea for such a contest instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back