Record Attack Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this has become my favorite mode in the game so far. I like to see what shortcuts I can make for myself in the map.

I'm curious of other people's opinions on this mode. I'd also like to see tips anyone might have for completing tougher maps in particular.

And for my final question, do you think the records needed for an emblem are fair? Or do you think they should be lowered a tad bit? (Rings/Time/Score)

You can find shortcuts here: http://records.srb2.org/

I love record attack mode. Especially the thinking part for time and score attack is fun.

I think the requirements are very fair. After finding out how to reach the requirements, they can be beaten quite easily.

If you want to get deep into Record Attack, the best way to start is to pick a level you really like, and one of your favorite characters.

You will start by exploring your character's ability some more. Look for ways to make them go faster (Spin-dashing is a good example) Or ways to keep your character going fast (Rolling, jumping, running through the air, continual thokking, flying)

This is the basis of any speed-run, exploring different ways to play the game to allow it's completion quicker, trying something new, and comparing it to other methods of playing the game.

One of the best ways to get good at SRB2 time attacking in particular is practicing the character's abilities, since each have their own way of playing. However, keep in mind that they also share fundamental abilities, like jumping and spindashing, and the movement physics.

I really should make a video about this some time.

Yeah. Generally, if you're aiming for emblems, we can all show you easy ways to get them. Generally, I just get all the rings in the level, because it gets you 50k points (You can also beat GFZ1&2 in under 30 seconds, getting you 100k points)

However the records website isn't just for seeing cool ways to play the game, but you can be on there too if you try. It's basically what a speed-run community is; contributing different strategies on moving through the level to get the fastest possible time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back