Just a Question... Or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

Two questions:
1. Is it possible to add objects to the game? Like, enemies, or, in my case, a dash panel like in SA2B?

2. Are enemies affected by conveyor belts?

Thanks--I'm new to editing.

Metal96 said:
Two questions:
1. Is it possible to add objects to the game? Like, enemies, or, in my case, a dash panel like in SA2B?

2. Are enemies affected by conveyor belts?

Thanks--I'm new to editing.
1. Yes, it is, through Sprite replacement, or by creating unique sprite/frame sets with commands in the game. A few mods have this exact feature, with several enemies added/changed.
As for the Dash Panel, well, that option is already available in Sector types, but you just have to make the textures right first. ^^

2. Uhh... Beats me. ._.;

Thanks, though, which texture(s)?
EDIT: How do I set the direction of the speed pad, or with the enemy, even insert it?

Metal96 said:
Thanks, though, which texture(s)?
Heh.

Well, first, create a sector. Make it like 64 (width) fracunits by 128 (height) fracunits.

Then, give it the conveyor belt texture as the floor, and the F_SKY1 as the ceiling texture. MAKE SURE that the Floor and Ceiling heights are different.

Afterwards, create a sector bordering that, 128x128 (Yes, same height, as it overlaps the other, as it should).

Give that the caution (yellow and black stripes) texture. Make sure it has the same floor and ceiling height.

With the center sector, give it the Sector Effect of a Dash Pad.

Voila, you have a Dash Pad.

If you need any help, I have an example below:

srb20019.png

Also a link to the how-to wad:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rtrlws

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If my wad is accepted, you'll know what it means.

Metal96 said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If my wad is accepted, you'll know what it means.
That SuperUsuario and I helped? :D

Glad that I could assist. :3

Jellybones69 said:
I know ground enemies are effected by conveyors, but I don't know about dash panels.
I'd assume that they aren't, considering that dash panels don't have the same properties as the conveyor belts. If they do, well... I'll be damned. XD

Superusuario said:
xxZeroxx said:
Jellybones69 said:
I know ground enemies are effected by conveyors, but I don't know about dash panels.
I'd assume that they aren't
You're right there. It would have no sense that ground enemies are affected by speed pads.
Yeah. I mean, the speed pads are not moving in the same sense that the conveyor belts are. The speed pad doesn't have a fluent movement to it; rather, it merely shoots the player off at a certain speed.

A conveyor belt has a fluent movement speed to it, so I can understand grounded enemies being effected by it.

xxZeroxx wrote:
Yeah. I mean, the speed pads are not moving in the same sense that the conveyor belts are. The speed pad doesn't have a fluent movement to it; rather, it merely shoots the player off at a certain speed.

A conveyor belt has a fluent movement speed to it, so I can understand grounded enemies being effected by it.

Yeah, that makes sense. Also, my teleporter doesn't work. I did the same thing that's in the example wad, but, yeah. Is there anything else I can do?

Metal96 said:
Also, my teleporter doesn't work. I did the same thing that's in the example wad,
but, yeah. Is there anything else I can do?
Make sure that you didn't screw up the tags and put the Teleport Destination inside the destination sector.
Aslo, the example is used to see if you did it right.

Nope. Tags are all right; I redid them 5 times to see if it made a difference. Rearrange tags, I mean.

Also, I have multiple crumbling FOFs that all fall at the same time. I already tried making new control sectors with different tags but it still doesn't work. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!

Uhhhhhh... I did that. Huh. Anyway, what file type do you save images as so they show up as graphic? I tried a bunch and they all ended up saying that segment handler violation thing.

What lump editor are you using? If you are using XWE, you can load up any image and it will convert it to something SRB2 can use automaticly.

If you are using SLumpEd then you would have to right click each picture lump and convert them to DOOM GFX.

Heh... I never knew that. I converted them to graphic in SLumpEd. It works now.
I think my SRB2 Doom Builder is messed up. Most of the tags and stuff don't work, espesially in zoom tubes. I used the wizard, but it doesn't work still. Translucent FOFs don't work if there are more that one. Teleporters (I checked: did it right), music changes, and other executers don't work if there are more than 1 FOF. Should I redownload it? Hardly anything works!!! I had some really good ideas that I now can't do!!! Help!!!

Well, for starters, I avoid the SRB2 Doom Builder Zoom Tube Wizard, because it forces you to use Waypoint Sequence 0. That is a buggy Sequence.

Creating them the long way and using different Sequence numbers will result in far more success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back