Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (Gen III Remakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serebii.net said:
Following its reveal yesterday, there has been some question as to the actual content of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, as to whether they're remakes or new versions due to the wording of the announcement. During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire

The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon.
I guess this confirms that these games will take place in the Hoenn region once again. Also kinda curious on how these new forms of Groudon and Kyorge will work and/or if there is a new form in the works for Rayquaza. inb4 Pokemon Beta Emerald.

Last edited:
Considering it's now Gen 6, the era of full-3D environments, no doubt the landscape has probably been re-designed a lot if not entirely. If these are remakes, I suspect these are going to be a different level of remakes than the Gen 1/2 remakes were at least.

Also for that matter, those new formes for Kyogre and Groudon displayed...
...could be just their Mega forms? Hard to tell with what little info has been given so far.

It's probably their Mega Forms. That's generally what megas are- keeping the basic design or silhouette and add a bunch of doohickeys and knick knacks.

Anyway, since it's apparently a remake that's still great for me. Looking forward to Hoenn in 3D. I know my 2DS is just regulated to a Pokemon and Kirby machine, so may as well go for it. Definitely going with Sceptile, he was my absolute brother from another mother.

Well, I know I am excited for this. I actually played some of Emerald, and I loved it, so it will be nice to practically have my own copy rather than play a friend's copy.

Definitely going with teh mudkipz dough.

At this point I'm waiting for it to all come full circle so we get "Hot Fire Red" and "Moist Leaf Green", remakes of the 3rd gen remakes of the 1st gen games.

In all seriousness, I'm really quite excited for this, as I'm a complete sucker for Pokemon games for some reason.

FireRed LeafGreen ????

HeartGold SoulSilver ????

AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby ????

They should have released the third ones instead of only making 2 remakes.
Hmm...
FireRed LeafGreen WaterBlue? Or Seablue?
HeartGold SoulSilver CrystalClear? Or ShinyCrystal? Or ClearCrystal?
AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby BetaEmerald? Or DeltaEmerald?

Don't you mean ElectricYellow? =P

But in all fairness, the remakes aren't the main focus of any gen at all; they'd be making 6 games total per generation as opposed to 5 (or 4 in the case of Gen 5). It'd be extra work for them to make a third version of the remakes, especially considering the third versions differ a lot from the other two!

Normally they include features that were in the third version in the game in the remakes. I won't be surprised if there is a Battle Frontier in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

They should have released the third ones instead of only making 2 remakes.
Hmm...
HeartGold SoulSilver CrystalClear? Or ShinyCrystal? Or ClearCrystal?
AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby BetaEmerald? Or DeltaEmerald?
I think the only reason they don't make a 3rd remake game is because there's nothing so new in the third version other than the third legendary pokemon being a part of the story and half of both versions' exclusive pokemon.

I'm just waiting for Emerald's remake.

Chaos Emerald.

Szmaragdy_emeralds.png

Get it? :D

Last edited:
I hope for one that they'll reintroduce Move Tutors, because the movesets of some Pokémon are seriously lacking.

I've always hated how they mess with Move Tutors every gen. Want to buy the newest games in the generation? Then you get no move tutor. Don't worry though, move tutors are available in the sibling games of that generation!

proceeds to die

On the topic of Emerald Version remake:
I think that GameFreak dropped the idea of there being a third game. At least I hope so. It really is a bummer when you get your awesome new say... Diamond Version only to find out that Pokemon Platinum is comming out pretty soon and it will be better than the game you've got in every conceivable way.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adored emerald. It's just that this kind of marketing leaves a lot of people in the dust. Besides, they can always just reintroduce the battle frontier and other Emerald-specific features in OR and AS.

EDIT: Except maybe one of the most awesome scenes in the entire Pokemon Franchise, but you know...

Last edited:
Brand New OR/AS information. Especially some stuff about Mega Evolution. Quite a few spoilers though.

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml - Mega Sceptile looks badass and at long last, I wanted Grass/Dragon as a combo type for ages!

Last edited:
On the topic of Emerald Version remake:
I think that GameFreak dropped the idea of there being a third game. At least I hope so. It really is a bummer when you get your awesome new say... Diamond Version only to find out that Pokemon Platinum is comming out pretty soon and it will be better than the game you've got in every conceivable way.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adored emerald. It's just that this kind of marketing leaves a lot of people in the dust. Besides, they can always just reintroduce the battle frontier and other Emerald-specific features in OR and AS.

EDIT: Except maybe one of the most awesome scenes in the entire Pokemon Franchise, but you know...
They will re-use Emerald's concept's, stories, and exclusive pokemon in the remakes, and split emerald's exclusive pokemon between the 2 remakes, just like HeartGold and SoulSilver

Hyperknux;754928[spoiler said:
and at long last, I wanted Grass/Dragon as a combo type for ages![/spoiler]

So the typing for Mega Sceptile is that? I thought it would just be pure Grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back