Hurricane Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that everyone in the community is okay. Europe wasn't affected at all. That damn hurrican keeps turning to a random direction all of the sudden.

New Jersey got hit pretty bad I believe.

I just learned that my school got flooded and the power circuits short circuit, bursting into flames. Eventually that reached the boiler and it exploded, causing my school's entire right side to be in flames. Mayor says schools are reopening tomorrow and I'm not sure about mine.

Well, I live in Czech Republic, that means Europe = no hurricanes, or tornados (well, the tornados are here, but only to F3).

It's gotta suck when you're moving out of your apartment then a storm just comes along and delays that for two days. Even worse when the storage place still doesn't have power and a chance of any electricity getting back around the area may lead to next weekend, with a 20% chance it could be back on THIS weekend. All while dealing with a head cold.

Just summarized my experience as of today XD Hope everyone is doing alright though. Better luck too.

From what I know 16 people died. That was on Tuesday but there was'nt really much of a storm left here after that so I'm guessing only the 16.

Anyway:
tuneles-ny-sandy-aumenta-tormenta20121030.jpg

METRO STATUS: WATERPARK ZONE

Thank god this wasn't a Category 2 Hurricane. Imagine the damage it would have done then!

I'm presently in a remote location from my hometown (Long Island), and what I'm hearing from others, it's turned into the next Splish Splash. Additionally with the gas shortage we're all facing, it's like a post apocalyptic setting for everyone there.

It makes me want to get my innertube and just laze about on the waves. Perhaps I'm looking at this from a more humorous perspective than others. PERHAPS if I was there to experience it first hand, I'd say "Shit, I'm suffering, help me, etc." There's something about the whole situation going on there that makes someone with an outsider's perspective, like myself, look at this a little humorously even though this isn't something to joke about.

It's presently snowing up in my area. Probably the remains of this Hurricane Sandy. I'm quietly sitting here sipping tea and enjoying the sight of all this. Additionally trying to wrap my head around this.

Good luck with the recovery effort is all I can say and I hope all is well with you guys. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back