Gargoyle v3.1(gargoyle.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't need to put my name in the supporters/co-authors, I can't even remember what I helped you with! Something like, moving sounds I think... But thanks... You didn't need to include me there though. :)

What a wonderful update. And yeah, the non-changing highlight colors bothered me before, but without the shine, it looks weirder in a way, specially because it's shaded in there. Although then I looked into the palette, and realized that's the brightest that the beige palette can reach, so I'm unsure what to suggest.

What a wonderful update. And yeah, the non-changing highlight colors bothered me before, but without the shine, it looks weirder in a way, specially because it's shaded in there. Although then I looked into the palette, and realized that's the brightest that the beige palette can reach, so I'm unsure what to suggest.

I could always take the bottom color of the wings and apply a sort of shine to the top part with that color. But that means more work and honestly I'm too lazy to do that right now xD. Beige is a very limited color, it seems. There wasn't much I could work with.

Last edited:
srb20039.gif

tumblr_n4re6cr4uI1r51rb0o1_1280.png

The reason I'm posting this picture in this particular thread? Well, I'll let you guys guess what I'm up to.

It still irks me that the gargoyle does not have a realistic height. I managed to get this bit of code from monster, but it resets to 48 at the same time, causing crushing if you go under a platform.
Code:
if (player.mo and player.mo.skin == "gargoyle")
    player.mo.height = FixedMul(32*FRACUNIT, player.mo.scale)
    end
However, if this could be fixed, it would be nice to implement into the wad.

Lua can modify the player's height, but it cannot override the crush check. You'd be able to enter small spaces but would be instantly crushed.

She has the PF_SLIDING (aka waterslide) flag during her slide. You could try forcing it to always be on but that may cause issues (the flag sticks you in your pain frames while it's on).

Last edited:
After playing with this wad for a while I am starting to like it. It would be cool if goyle had animated sprites instead of just a regular gargoyle sprite for every frame. I know MotorRoach is making animated super sprites, but what about regular sprites?

After playing with this wad for a while I am starting to like it. It would be cool if goyle had animated sprites instead of just a regular gargoyle sprite for every frame. I know MotorRoach is making animated super sprites, but what about regular sprites?

Regular sprites are staying the same. I don't even know if Motor is making them animated, but I'm fine either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back