SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

 
 
Thread Tools
Mt_MysticRuins Details »»
Mt_MysticRuins
Version: , by Super mystic sonic (The Golden Blur) Super mystic sonic is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2015

Version: Unknown Rating: (5 votes - 4.40 average)
Released: 06-17-2010 Last Update: Never Installs: 2

Something I made a while back. I felt like I didn't get enough critism on this one ever since I released it, and exactly you guys here are the hardcore critics I'm looking for. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S16Yat5bl-M&fmt=18
(A video for those wondering what it's like, although Mystic Ruins should speak for itself.)


Maybe you guys wanna back me up and try it out? Tell me your opinion.


Glitches/Faults already known:
-Software for being lame has a very small chance to crash when you're near the waterfall, probably due to the level being too big.

-The railway had to be removed because it made the stage lag horribly. Trust me, you wouldn't want to have played the version with the rail actually there.

-The stage doesn't contain all weapons, and most will give you instant ammo. I did this mostly because I'm no fan of the new FPS weapon-hunting style and like rather the feeling of getting a powerup.

-The stage can come over a little RP-style mostly because it's not like your usual match type. This is mostly because I tried to keep it as much as I could to the original Mystic Ruins, putting traditional match SECOND priority. It should still be playable in Match fine, however, as I did make some transformations for it to be Match-suited. The biggest problem will probably be the size, so try to play with a hell-load of people rather than a duel or you'll lose track of each other.

Download Now

File Type: zip Mt_MysticRuins.zip (216.6 KB, 1289 views)

Show Your Support

  • This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 06-29-2010   #2
Yellow thing
 
Yellow thing's Avatar
Default

........AWESOME.
Believe it or not i had that wad before you released it.
One thing,if im not mistaken,most of the players want Role-Playish maps to Role-Play(obviously) so i dont think it would be a good idea to say that it has an RP style,Because people will want to use it to play online and RP,even though the rules say(or said,i havent been her for some time) they shouldnt.
__________________
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!



feed mah beutiful milotic plz.´she has the power to save the world.
Yellow thing is offline  
Old 06-29-2010   #3
Spazzo
Permanently Banned
Default

Roleplaying is sanctioned in the casual room, so I don't see any issue with affiliating this map with it.
Spazzo is offline  
Old 06-29-2010   #4
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS
 
Chaotic Chao's Avatar
Default

You know, I still see some role play servers in the standard room.
Chaotic Chao is offline  
Old 06-29-2010   #5
Yellow thing
 
Yellow thing's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Chao View Post
You know, I still see some role play servers in the standard room.

......Exactly my point.
No offence Spazzo,but people now dont care about the rules.
They do everything to make a good server,even if THAT means breaking the rules.
Trust me on this,because sometimes even i do.SOMETIMES.
__________________
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!



feed mah beutiful milotic plz.´she has the power to save the world.
Yellow thing is offline  
Old 06-30-2010   #6
Azurah
 
Azurah's Avatar
Default

Wow! this is a great level! Unfortunately, the game sometimes slows down on me as I play the level. I guess its because of all the stuff that is in here.

Keep up the good work!
__________________
In Split/Second, you don't say, "Ooh, I'm behind! Time to use my boost!" You say, "Ooh, I'm behind! Time to blow up that building over there!"
Azurah is offline  
Old 06-30-2010   #7
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow thing View Post
......Exactly my point.
No offence Spazzo,but people now dont care about the rules.
They do everything to make a good server,even if THAT means breaking the rules.
Trust me on this,because sometimes even i do.SOMETIMES.
There are no rules, except inappropriate server names. So how do you break them just to make a good server?
MascaraSnake is offline  
Old 06-30-2010   #8
ThunderNova
 
ThunderNova's Avatar
Default

There is a rule for casual and standard servers. Casuals have to be in casual server section, and standard in standard section of the MS.
ThunderNova is offline  
Old 06-30-2010   #9
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

I see no reason to break that rule.
MascaraSnake is offline  
Old 06-30-2010   #10
ThunderNova
 
ThunderNova's Avatar
Default

Noone ever does. sometimes they just accidently put a casual in a standard, but that is rare.
ThunderNova is offline  
Old 06-30-2010   #11
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

I was referring to Yellow thing, who said that he sometimes breaks this rule to create a better server.
MascaraSnake is offline  
Old 06-30-2010   #12
Yellow thing
 
Yellow thing's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
I was referring to Yellow thing, who said that he sometimes breaks this rule to create a better server.

....I Did not say that.
I mentioned that i break SOME rules.
And First,if i understand correctly,they RP in any server just to make there server cool and stuff.
Second,i allready said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow thing View Post
"(...)play online and RP,even though the rules say(or said,i havent been her for some time) they shouldnt."
Im sorry if the rules have been changed,but like i said,i havent been here in long time.
More then 2 months i think.
But,what i meant was that they break any rules as possible to make a good server.
I currently dont know them(i dont know if there are new rules or not),but thats all i wanted to point out.
__________________
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!



feed mah beutiful milotic plz.´she has the power to save the world.
Yellow thing is offline  
Old 06-30-2010   #13
Spazzo
Permanently Banned
Default

If you've been away for 2 months, then you likely missed the MS Reform. We essentially designed a system where there weren't any 'rules' outside of the realm common sense (no advertising, bad language in server names, etc.). What rules are there left to break?

You say "breaking the rules" as if you're showing pride in (teenage) rebellion, which I find quite amusing. You do realize that we don't ban for roleplaying anymore, right? You really aughta check up on how our system works before you claim that you're going against the grind. ;)

Anyways, this is all taking up meaningless space in an unrelated thread, so let's move on.

Last edited by Spazzo; 06-30-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Spazzo is offline  
Old 06-30-2010   #14
Yellow thing
 
Yellow thing's Avatar
Default

Sorry for the inconvinience.
__________________
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!



feed mah beutiful milotic plz.´she has the power to save the world.
Yellow thing is offline  
Old 07-23-2010   #15
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS
 
Chaotic Chao's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNova View Post
No one ever does. sometimes they just accidently put a casual in a standard, but that is rare.
That happens to be false...

I asked once to a guy in the wrong room...
"Shouldn't you be in the casual room?"
He then asked if I was reporter.

That means there's a 90% chance he hosted there on purpose.
Chaotic Chao is offline  
Old 07-25-2010   #16
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer
 
Wolfy's Avatar
Default

Can we get back to criticism on this map like SMS wanted?
Anyways, for me to be able to criticize this right , I'll need no lag which is never gonna happen
__________________
Quote:
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline  
Old 07-27-2010   #17
MisterX
Default

Your map is good, but causes lag to me, and...... this map is a bit similar to a level from Sonic Adventure X, I'm right?
You can remove a bit of the water-death pit area and resize the map to 10 or 20% smaller than the original size.Maybe this will remove the lag.
MisterX is offline  
Old 07-29-2010   #18
Colson
lyra x bonbno is esbt shop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterX View Post
Your map is good, but causes lag to me, and...... this map is a bit similar to a level from Sonic Adventure X, I'm right?
You can remove a bit of the water-death pit area and resize the map to 10 or 20% smaller than the original size.Maybe this will remove the lag.
Sonic Adventure X? What? Do you mean SADX/SA(DC)? Oh well. It is supposed to be like Mystic Ruins from SA.
Anyway, this is a good map. I could see it being used for RP. I don't like the music though...
__________________
Add me on PSN!
ID: ThatHeadcrabGuy
Send me a PM if you add me.
Colson is offline  
Old 07-30-2010   #19
Sky The Destroyer
 
Sky The Destroyer's Avatar
Default

What lag? I don't have any lag at all.
__________________
<SkyTheDestroyer> Why does the Master Server delist my server once it hits 32/32?
<SpiritCrusher> Your server has attained GOD STATUS
<SpiritCrusher> The MS can't display it anymore
Sky The Destroyer is offline  
Old 07-30-2010   #20
Colson
lyra x bonbno is esbt shop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
What lag? I don't have any lag at all.
I haven't played it with other people on my server, but I did host and I didn't have any lag either.
__________________
Add me on PSN!
ID: ThatHeadcrabGuy
Send me a PM if you add me.
Colson is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.