• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Frostbite Factory Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniperific

The level is still far from complete, but I thought I'd upload what I have now and get some feedback.

Download link

Video preivew

Although the video is old, it gives a small overview of the level.

Comments and criticism are most appreciated.

Clever, i think it is a pretty good wad except it would be better if you made the bustable blocks a little more noticeable because if i hadn't seen the video i would not know where i had to spin.
If not by textures that you make it a little more obvious how about something like a snowman in the general area to signafy there is someplace you need to spin dash to bust a wall?

What I noticed from the video is that it seems like you go around in circles. This can be very confusing. I also have to agree that It's easy to get lost if you don't know which blocks are bustable and which ones are not. Also, in the beginning, I noticed that the water was a little off in terms of color. The water color didn't fit into the overall theme. One thing I did like though is the way you made your ice sheets at the end translucent. It really adds to the level. Also, the level is not too cramped or way too wide. It looks easy to move around. I hope to see the release!

JFG107 said:
What I noticed from the video is that it seems like you go around in circles. This can be very confusing.
As stated, I was giving an overview of the entire level, rather than simply taking 1 path, you don't need to go around in circles like I did.

JFG107 said:
I also have to agree that It's easy to get lost if you don't know which blocks are bustable and which ones are not.
As stated as well, the video is old and that problem has already been fixed.
JFG107 said:
Also, in the beginning, I noticed that the water was a little off in terms of color. The water color didn't fit into the overall theme. One thing I did like though is the way you made your ice sheets at the end translucent. It really adds to the level. Also, the level is not too cramped or way too wide. It looks easy to move around. I hope to see the release!
I'm not 100% sure if I want to continue the level yet, since I haven't been receiving any criticism apart from the odd one or two, and without it I can't make progress with the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back