[Open Assets] Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (SC_SRB2thepast1.01.wad + Mutiplayer and bonus)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you port the character only for me (or if you want to the entire community) as a separate .wad ?
If you want to port-it and give it only to me, send a PM.
I want the old knuckles because i prefer the old sprites (Damn nostalgia factor!).

Why would you WANT the old sprites? they are terrible looking and don't fit the game at all. I don't see what is appealing about it.
I do see what's appealing about this pack. Excellent job on it.

tailsmastermind, this is a mod about everything in the past, so it's only natural to have as much past things as possible. That's like saying "Why would you WANT the SRB2 Halloween maps? They're terrible."

We DO need 1.09.4 Knuckles (And 1.09.4 Tails if possible. =D)

tailsmastermind, this is a mod about everything in the past, so it's only natural to have as much past things as possible. That's like saying "Why would you WANT the SRB2 Halloween maps? They're terrible."
I'd rather play old crappy levels that were actually made in game than old crappy sprite rips.

But this is a mod about EVERYTHING to do with the past, and you are still getting your wish. We need the old characters to revive that "past" feeling.

...SRB1 Sonic pl0x

But this is a mod about EVERYTHING to do with the past, and you are still getting your wish. We need the old characters to revive that "past" feeling.

...SRB1 Sonic pl0x

Think about how long it would take to make every single detail of every different version on there. What is the point of making it when 6% or even less of the SRB2 community will take notice and actually like it. What will they say when they see Knuckles from 1.09.4? When I see my nightmare come back. *punched*

I wouldn't worry too much. when I do get around to them, they will be separate files from the main mod. Oh, and if you think 1.09.4 knuckles is bad, take a look at Halloween Sonic.

Sorry, i dont know thats your but i have only one thing to say...
CONGRATS!
YOURE THE BEST WADS PORTER.
SOO MUCH THX FOR THE KNUX11.wad

Sorry, i dont know thats your but i have only one thing to say...
CONGRATS!
YOURE THE BEST WADS PORTER.
SOO MUCH THX FOR THE KNUX11.wad
I'm not the BEST wad porter out there...but I am a good one.
Thanks anyway. (Please improve your grammar so I can understand what your saying, please. =< No I am not back seat moderating. Its common for people to ask them to improve your grammar, you know.)

The mod has been updated!
Added in this version:
Another version of GFZ even earlier than Demo 1
The Classic levels from SRB2 Christmas even more reverted. (Sonic's Nightmare still lives up to its name)
Access to the the Wizard level via secrets menu
Access to Ice Cap act one via secrets menu
DSZ TGF Music (taken from SRB2 TGF Christmas)
Green Flower Zone TGF

• The filename is a bit off: SCRMTF_SRB2thepast2K10.wad -> scmrtf_SRB2thepast2K10.wad
  • Level select pictures are missing for just about everything, which leads to weird stuff such as the CTF levels showing SRB1 pics.
  • Having Debut Castle Eggman act as a hub for everything else is a horrid idea. You even had to insert additional tokens for it to work, and that is not my idea of an accurate port. All the regular single player zones should be available without unlocking in every of their incarnation. Also, I want all the special stages, not that crude incomplete mix I see here. Of course not all of them can be used for unlocking, but I am opposed to the idea of using emeralds for unlockables anyway. There should be more than enough emblems.
  • You still need the old boss sprites (both the Demo ones and the Final Demo ones) and a SOCced Egg Mobile that doesn't retreat.
  • Why are the Special Stages labeled as "," instead of real names?
  • Your map slot system is appalling. You seem to stick some stage in every empty slot instead of proper organization. This completely screws up the multiplayer level select.
  • Fix your goddamn typos already. Spell checkers exist for a reason.
  • For the GFZ unlockable, the Christmas version displays the same cutscene as the Demo 1 version.
  • The fact that the new shield system is used makes this mod pretty much useless. Unfortunately, the old shields cannot be returned without source code modification.
  • "It was either Srb2 2K3 or version 1.01 that brought us this next update." 2k3 was multiplayer only, so 1.01.

Okay, so:
1: how do I have more than 7 useable special stages? If you look at the unmodded game's SS8 it doesn't work like a special stage

2: Debut Castle Eggman is the unlockable. I wouldn't worry too much though, next update brings in 2.0's Castle Eggman due to the changes from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6. the extra tokens wont be needed any more

3: understood, I just don't know how to Soc bosses, but I assume that the Demo Bosses will be the easiest to recreate.

4: the Special stages are named that way because as far as I know, using a space doesn't work and Special stages don't have names. I just used a character that didn't show up on the title card.

5: I should get around to fixing that.

6: Where did I mess up this time?

7: Ack. I can't believe I didn't catch that. Fixing now.

8: You have demo 2K3?

1: how do I have more than 7 useable special stages? If you look at the unmodded game's SS8 it doesn't work like a special stage
Only seven could be actually usable for emerald collection, but I think you could supply the rest anyway in different map slots. SS8 doesn't work because it has an end sector, not because of its slot.

4: the Special stages are named that way because as far as I know, using a space doesn't work and Special stages don't have names. I just used a character that didn't show up on the title card.
I think that for the sake of readability, you should have title cards anyway. Sure, it would be slightly weird to have title cards show up during emerald collection, but I consider that minor in comparison.

6: Where did I mess up this time?
Several occasions. I can list all the typos if you want.

8: You have demo 2K3?
No, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned before that it only contained multiplayer stages.

I think that for the sake of readability, you should have title cards anyway. Sure, it would be slightly weird to have title cards show up during emerald collection, but I consider that minor in comparison.
It's because of readability that I don't include one. See this video to see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPE3Reg7fE (Jump to 1:36)

Several occasions. I can list all the typos if you want.
If they are where I think they are, I think I just nabbed them with open office.

No, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned before that it only contained multiplayer stages.

Spring Hill was multiplayer? (See wiki article http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Versions)
Also if I remember right, 1.1 or the #SRB2 fun beta was also ment to be mainly a Multiplayer update, but it still had single player levels in it.

It's because of readability that I don't include one. See this video to see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPE3Reg7fE (Jump to 1:36)
Okay, I'm convinced.

Spring Hill was multiplayer? (See wiki article http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Versions)
Also if I remember right, 1.1 or the #SRB2 fun beta was also ment to be mainly a Multiplayer update, but it still had single player levels in it.
I knew you would bring up Spring Hill. I dunno, maybe it was the only single player level included at all, maybe the old maps from Demo 4 were included. But I remembered hearing somewhere that 2k3 was mulitplayer-only, and I doubt that it included any changes to the SP maps if they were there at all.

This is why I made the "Have you seen me" topic for 2K3. I needed to be sure of certain levels. the levels I have label with 2K3 actually come from 1.0.4 and 1.0.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back