DoomBuilder help. Can't load srb2.cfg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to use DoomBulider. I beleve that you use the srb2.cfg file on SRB2.org as the IWAD. But it wont even show when I hit browse and look for it, and it won't load if I type in the file name. What's Wrong?

SRB2.CFG is not the IWAD. It's a description of the special effects and so on. Put it in the same folder as Doom Builder, and you'll be able to choose SRB2 in the list of game configurations in DB.

The IWAD is SRB2.SRB, which lives in your SRB2 folder.

Oh! Okay, that makes sence. Thank you!
Im also having trouble making the map itself. And the Wiki is closed for now, so... How do you put down a base map? (Just the floor) and platforms?

EDIT: Nevermind, found out how to.

EDIT2: How do I load the srb2.srb file? It only allows WADS as the IWAD.

Just type in SRB2.srb. It will load it anyway. At least, that's what I did.

Yep, or select "all files (*.*)" as the file type. In the worst case you could make a copy of srb2.srb and rename it to have a WAD extension (but not "srb2.wad" or SRB2 will use it instead of "srb2.srb", and automatically assumes it's modified, so no statistics, no unlocking of secrets, etc.).

Copy srb2.srb somewhere else and rename it so the extension is WAD. Then use it as an IWAD. Dirty, but it does the job.

You're using normal Doom Builder, right? Try SRB2 Doom Builder instead, you don't need an extra CFG file and you can use SRB2.SRB directly as an IWAD.

Oh god.

I have my map made, I seem ready, I got the level header set up...
But I set it to an existing Level number, I get that level, not mine.
Set it to an unexisting level number, and the game phails.
What's up, man?

The map number is not determined by the level header. Instead, it's the map lumpname that matters, which unless you told it otherwise is MAP01, and so your level will replace GFZ1. The level header adjusts the properties of the specified level, but can't actually set the number.

Yeah, I did some math (And opened a match level in DoomBuilder) and I beleve the match numbers start at MAPA0. Or am I wrong?

EDIT: Wow! All I had to do was change the level headers name from MAPA0 (WRONG THERE) to MAP90!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back