Any one here Use FRAPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
I just downloaded it and I can't fuigure out how to make it work. I tried pressing the videocapture key while in a game but it didn't record. I fuigured I'd ask here because of the SRB2 videos on Youtube that had the watermark.

The unregistered version only works for 30 seconds. Also, you can't record videos in Software, you have to be running in OpenGL mode.

Glaber, HyperCam sucks monkey socks. Its recording speeds are uber slow. You do NOT want to use HyperCam. FRAPS is the best recorder I know of that has the least amount of performance overhead. And it does record in Software because that renderer uses a very old version of DirectX (which is compatible with FRAPS).

And by the way, you might want to be a kind person and buy FRAPS (like I did) to remove the recording limits, or you could always warez it. D:

I woud buy or wares it if I knew how to get it to work. Hyper cam on the other hand I can get to work.

What's hard to understand about FRAPS? Assign a hotkey through the settings, press it once to record, and again to stop.

glaber said:
I woud buy or wares it if I knew how to get it to work. Hyper cam on the other hand I can get to work.

How can you not get it to work? FRAPS is incredibly easy to understand. You just assign a hotkey and press it.

Does the FRAPS counter show up if you press the Overlay Display Hotkey? It should turn red while you're recording. Videos that are recorded are placed in the directory of your choosing.

that counter doesn't show up at all. (ps the game i tested it with was using dosbox to run)

Well duh. DOSBox doesn't use DirectX or OpenGL. Are you on SRB2DOS or something? Didn't we abandon that a long time ago? Use SRB2WIN, please.

Well i thought i'd test it with a dos game. I guess that was my problem in the first place. I gues this means Fraps for srb2 and hyper cam for the old dos games. If i can't fuguire any thing else out about FRAPS I'll post here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back