SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Mods (2.0.X)

Super Bomberman Blast 2 - vB-001 (SBB2 v001.zip/SBB2 Music.zip) Details »»
Super Bomberman Blast 2 - vB-001 (SBB2 v001.zip/SBB2 Music.zip)
Developer Last Online: May 2016

Version: SRB2 Rating: (4 votes - 3.80 average)
Released: 12-25-2010 Last Update: Never Installs: 5
Multiplayer Levels SOCs Code Changes Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

Merry christmas, folks!
For those who haven't noticed, I've been idle on the forum for quite some time. I figured this would be a good post to make a return on. Additionally, I've been meaning to get a release candidate out to the public for quite some time now. Surely you can infer from the topic title that this is a modification based off a pre-existing series. Well, it is, and it works pretty well in it's current condition too.

Right, I should get to presenting this thing, shouldn't I?

Super..

... .. 2?
Version: vB-001

Super Bomberman Blast is presently on a indefinite hiatus due to Real Life Issues.

Familiar with the Bomberman series? Good! You'll be able to get a feel for the gameplay immediately. Otherwise if you're unfamiliar with the series, you can read more about it here and get an idea of how gameplay is supposed to work.

You may recall that I had a modification much like this in the 1.09.4 era. However it has taken quite an overhaul since the last release. Don't believe me? Take a look at the comparison below.

All Images are in a 1280x800 resolution, you might experience issues loading some of these images

Spoiler: Dare to compare

1.09.4 (version 1.50.4):

(Notice how the fire is going INSIDE the wall)
2.0.x (version vB-001):

Loads of differences if you couldn't already tell.

~~~~~

There isn't much to showcase in this initial release, however I bet I can show the various screenshots I took during development.

Various types of Bombs can be planted. This is done by collecting the corresponding panel for that bomb type.

Spoiler: Types of Bombs

The new debris emitted from bombs provide some interesting strategic meanuvers.
Spoiler: Debris Physics

These are just Miscellaneous screenshots I've taken during testing. Mainly for amusement.
Spoiler: Misc.

Features?:
  • A variety of these features are simply ported from the previous iteration of Super Bomberman Blast 2. Others, however, are not.
  • Bomb planting for the most part.
  • You can move along the Y axis (Up and Down) in 2D maps.
  • Bomb kicking.
  • Several bomb powerups. As mentioned/shown above.
  • Console command toggles for those powerups (Eg. bombup, fireup, powerpanel, rubberpanel, etc.)
  • Scoring for when a player runs into another player's exploded bomb.
  • Particles (Re: Shuffle)
Levels?:
Most of the levels found in the main wad are comprised of a small and large size (Two levels for each type of stage). Both for dealing with a small and large group of players respectively. While I apologize for the lack of variety/diversity to the maps found in the mod, do take into consideration that this is the initial release candidate and is planned to be expanded upon.

Issues, problems, bugs?:

From the various development tests I've done, I haven't seen any problems with this release. However, if you do find anything, please report it. Any information, including what you were doing at the time of a crash (If one were to occur) helps me in finding out the source of the problem.

Well, there's not much else to say. More information is outlined in the BomberREADME.txt file included in this zip. I encourage you to look through it if you want more information. Lets provide those download links now!

(Alternate mirrors for both files provided as attachments)
Download SBB2 vB-001: (1)
一一==三三==一一
Download the Optional Music File (Highly recommended): (1)

Source code available on the SRB2MODS SVN server, etc.

Now it's time I focus on some of my other projects found on the SRB2MODS SVN server..

Download Now

File Type: zip SBB2 vB-001.zip (1.82 MB, 3731 views)
File Type: zip SBB2-Music.zip (4.54 MB, 2653 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 01-12-2011   #22
Yoshi
Randomly found avatar

I somehow cant join any server that has this WAD. Dont ya know why?
And yes im trying to join by SBB.exe.
Old 01-12-2011   #23
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
I somehow cant join any server that has this WAD. Dont ya know why?
And yes im trying to join by SBB.exe.
Hm.. Odd. I was able to play people during development and on the release candidate. Are you sure?

With information that vague, My best advice would be to re-download the application.
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)
Old 01-21-2011   #24
Jorklenis2
Owner of EminenceGaming

Mmm.No is nothing wrong proves it then.
Old 01-22-2011   #25
Sky The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame View Post
I was able to play people
How do you play people?

Quote:
Violo would be correct. I thought it would be a nice little addition, considering all bombs/fireworks in the real world have a fuse that sparkles when lit.
Well, the sparks should be red, not a goldish yellow color.
Old 01-22-2011   #26
jloy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
Well, the sparks should be red, not a goldish yellow color.
They should actually be a goldish-yellow to a white colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypone View Post
The mod seems nearly perfect, but it could be better.
*add bomberman as a playable char
*add some sort of boss
*make the intro more bomberman-friendly
*disable knuxs ablity to break thrugh blocks
I agree 100% with that.
I'm back... :D
Old 01-29-2011   #27
Flame

Some (not all) of these bug reports have been noted and fixed. Progress has been slowing down due to personal affairs (School, etc) but this one project of mine isn't quite dead yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypone View Post
*add bomberman as a playable char
*fix the glitch of starting on a wall
*add ring moniters but make them inside of blocks and look like hearts
*fix the glitch of the always running mystery powerup to max out the speed and disable standing
*add some sort of boss
*make the intro more bomberman-friendly
*disable knuxs ablity to break thrugh blocks
*make the first level passable
P.S. is this a beta?
To answer your problems respectively:
* Bomberman as a playable character will probably not come for a while. Take into the consideration the number of sprites are in the Sonic, Tails and Knuckles player files. Quite a lot!
* The "Glitch" of starting on a wall is not a glitch. It was meant to be for developmental purposes. Also the fact that Multiplayer is my main concern for this project.
* It's hard to max out the speed of a player and disable standing at the same time. The code for controlling a player isn't as easy to work with as one might think. How it works currently was through trial and error to make sure you don't give yourself a consistency failure (As strange as this sounds, it's true).
* There is already a boss coded in, however it's not used currently. It replaces GFZ3's boss so if anyone wants to test it, place the Eggman mobj in a map (no deaf flags) and go nuts.
* Making the intro more Bomberman friendly is also going to take some time. This is more likely to not happen in comparison to the character.
* Knuckles' abilities to break through blocks has already been fixed. It was a simple oversight I forgot to check during testing.
* The current levels are driven for multiplayer use only. Eventually, I plan to make a map or two for single player use. For now, you guys will just have to make deal with what you currently have. Sorry!

EDIT (2/9/11):
It's amazing how a lot of people think that Turtle Man programmed most of this modification. In this iteration of Super Bomberman Blast 2, he had little to no involvement in the creation of this port (I haven't even contacted him via Private Message). However, the reason why he's credited is because I only recycled bits of his code from the previous iteration of SBB2. The 'bits of code' of his that I mentioned in the previous sentence was actually a block of code which turns bombs solid (Copy/pasted to fit the thinkers of other bomb types). Everything else is my doing.

It's quite awful to hear such a thing from a good number of outside sources. Am I really looked down upon that much?
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)

Last edited by Flame; 02-09-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2011   #28
Turtle Man
aka ZTM / ZTurtleMan

I just tried the new version, it seems nice. Yes, Flame made this. I haven't even played Bomberman, well other than SBB2.

Bug report, in CTF when a player touches the other team's "team rings" they disappear.
Old 03-02-2011   #29
Flame

I believe I know what is causing the team rings to disappear when touched. I'll look into that when I can.

Incidentally,
Quote:
<Flame> Why does school have to dump so much stuff on me all at once?
<Flame> Seems like I'll have to put off working on other things for a while..
Don't think I've forgotten about this project though.

'---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)
Old 03-03-2011   #30
jcokeinfinity
CYA

Well done! This mod definantly deserves two thumbs up! And thank you for giving this to the srb2 community.
Old 03-09-2011   #31
J-town
Totally Not Zero

Quote:
I believe I know what is causing the team rings to disappear when touched. I'll look into that when I can.

Incidentally,
Don't think I've forgotten about this project though.
-snip-
Oh, phew. I read that this was a test build, and somewhat eagerly awaited a new one, but realising it hasn't been updated for a while made me worry a little. ^^;

But this reboosts my wateveritscalled.
Old 03-10-2011   #32
jcokeinfinity
CYA

How do you get past basic bomber zone? I destroy every block, and nothing happens.
Old 03-10-2011   #33
Metal-Rawr
Friendly lurker, I promise.

It's supposed to be multiplayer, so... You need to have a time limit on match to make it work right. Nothing IS supposed to happen on Singeplayer.

Last edited by Metal-Rawr; 04-07-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2011   #34
zack the chihuahua
Poop! He knows!

This mod sounds great! I'll give it a spin when figure out how to get mods to work in SRB2 I'm kinda new to SRB2.

EDIT: I just learned how to do mods in the same hour I posted this.
Sonic: You might know everything I'm going to but. Zack: Shut up! Yes I know all that sonic movie stuff and I farted! Sonic: I knew you would do that! Zack: What am I going to do next? Sonic: Light Amy's house on fire. Zack: Dammit!

Last edited by zack the chihuahua; 03-14-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-07-2011   #35
jcokeinfinity
CYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcokeinfinity View Post
How do you get past basic bomber zone? I destroy every block, and nothing happens.
Is anyone planning on answering my question
Old 04-07-2011   #36
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcokeinfinity View Post
Is anyone planning on answering my question
No, because Metal-Rawr answered it already.
Old 06-03-2011   #37
pieboy
AGE OF AWESOME!

Default NEW USER! pieboy

might be in wrong thread if it is im sorry.........2?

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote:
super bombermanblast2 rocks
lolololololoplhfytftyi am noob

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
I know what to do. dont load the bombermanblast 2 file.
lololooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo XD

(pieboy received an infraction for this post: Do not spam. Put actual content in your posts.)
Old 06-03-2011   #38
Pyro Fox Boy
Me and everyone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieboy View Post
[random spamage]
That's nice... Thank you for sharing that with us.

Anyways, I tried out this mod not too long ago... Gotta say that I had a blast with this one. (pun intended) I can see myself hosting some netgames with this. By the way, any way to zoom the camera out or to at least angle it a little higher?
Old 08-17-2011   #39
Flame

An update with progress on this? Currently it's on a hiatus since I keep getting distracted by other things. I'd really love to work on this again, I really do. It's a shame though that it seems I'm unable to make time to do so nowadays.

Yes, almost a year has gone by without an update. Hell, I haven't touched the project since February/March or so because of my current situation. I don't want to get into details about this however.

An update will come when it's done. I've been brainstorming ideas of what I can do while I haven't been working on this. That is including some new game mode involving territory control. Fingers crossed!
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)

Last edited by Flame; 02-06-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2012   #40
Flame

A little update. First time in little over a year!
Long story short, I had some time today to work in this little project. This was the outcome.

The code itself is dirty and needs some cleaning. Some floor flats also need fixing too, but otherwise this game mode is nearing completion. I hope everyone finds it as pleasurable as I do!
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)

Last edited by Flame; 02-06-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-11-2012   #41
unicky

my step brother keeps on calling this "gedo pyromasters" (the name of the game has no space inbetween Pyro and masters) but the thing is Pyromasters is a FLASH GAME he is calling this mod a fake-o pyromasters" what di you think? you tell me and ill tell him for you

(unicky received a warning for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)