SRB1 Remake v0.5.1 (s_srb1b5r1.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can SOC, but I'm not on my SRB2 computer now; I'll give you a sample of something later.

Btw, know any god cheets for SRB1? I can't beat the first boss. :/

on Edge said:
Btw, know any god cheets for SRB1? I can't beat the first boss. :/

This is about all there is, I believe.

Anyway, this is an excellent mod so far; I've played it through a few times already, and I'm hoping it'll progress to the point where it will be as closely modeled to the original as possible. There are only a couple problems I have though, such as the lava in Volcano Zone (as pointed out earlier) and, sometimes the fish enemies in Lake Zone blink. Also, are you going to be remaking the hidden zones?

The lava will be fixed in 0.5.

I may have to toy with the values and the placement of the things a bit to fix the "blinking". I think the gold buzzes did that also.

I am consecrating on the normal levels first. I might do the secret zones after.

I kinda modified srb1-sonic for my own pleasure. I added a pointless superform as you can see in my avatar. Also I made a different run animation. I'm not releasing it because then I'd be claimed as stealing someone else's work.

I am having some Srb1 beta 5 public pretesting available on #srb2fun only. It includes some new incomplete levels and some reformatted older levels. If you want to test it let me know on the chat room when you see me.

I still haven't got a thing designer yet, if you want to help with that let me know.

Return of the SRB1 mod!

I can't wait for 0.5, and of course, the finish. Seeing 2D games in semi-3d is cool to me.

Well, you don't have to wait any longer for 0.5 to be out, because it is out now! Check the first post for the download and more information.

I kept forgetting to tell you this on IRC. You should bring all the Exit Signs back a little bit. Whenever you finish, your character stays behind the Sign.

Wow. I am glad DarkWarrior and Mystic talked about this mod on IRC so I finally got off my ass and decided to try out this mod.

I have one thing to say:

This fucken Rocks!

This is a mod that should be included in 1.1. The button part in IPZ2 was an awesome gimmick that I would have never thought it could be done.

Here is an IRC log that got me convinced to get it:

Code:
[11:20:42] <Mystic> Good god Torgo's mod kicks ass.
[11:20:59] <CZ64> Yeah, he just released the new one today
[11:21:03] <Mystic> I know
[11:21:05] <Mystic> I was just playing it
[11:21:06] <DarkWarrior> SRB1?
[11:21:07] <Mystic> It rocks.
[11:21:08] <DarkWarrior> Yeah.
[11:21:15] <DarkWarrior> I've been saying that since demo 1.
[11:21:43] <Mystic> The first few demos he made we cool
[11:21:51] <Mystic> Now it's getting to the level of serious ownage
[11:22:00] <DarkWarrior> Indeed.
[11:22:00] <CZ64> Even better with Shufflarb2
[11:22:17] <DarkWarrior> Who would've thought SRB2's 2D mode could be...Good.
[11:23:05] <Mystic> Well, part of it is that SRB1 is so low-tech to begin with
[11:24:05] <DarkWarrior> Yes, but even then, SRB2's 2D mode still generally sucks.
[11:25:02] <Mystic> It still sucks. It just works well for levels designed with an even WORSE engine in mind =P
[11:26:24] <DarkWarrior> I still say he should include the original Sonic character in it...
[11:26:29] <DarkWarrior> As an option.
[11:27:05] <CZ64> Easy
[11:27:21] <CZ64> I could do it right now if I wasn't on my uncle's house
[11:27:42] <DarkWarrior> He knows how.
[11:27:47] <DarkWarrior> He just hasn't done it.
[11:29:17] <Mystic> Personally, I wish the SRB1 Sonic's stats were more accurate to the original
[11:29:36] <Mystic> I mean, in the original he had practically instant acceleration and a pathetic maxspeed
[11:29:52] <DarkWarrior> MAXSPEED = 20
[11:29:59] <DarkWarrior> Slower than Tails.
[11:30:00] <DarkWarrior> :P
[11:30:38] <CZ64> It's just a recolor Sonic with the highest accel you could put in
[11:30:42] <Mystic> And remove the thok. It's suicide in 2D anyhow
[11:30:52] <Cueball61> [16:28:13] <+CZ64> I could do it right now if I wasn't on my uncle's house - Why are you sitting on your uncle's house?
[11:31:06] <DarkWarrior> The mod needs bosses, though...
[11:31:41] <Mystic> Yes, I agree, but that would be very hard to do
[11:32:23] <DarkWarrior> Make SSN do it. ;D
[11:32:24] <CZ64> Only by actually coding it on an exe
[11:35:17] <Cueball61> [url]http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/show_article.php?id=366[/url] Heh
[11:36:11] <CZ64> I'm still impressed with the switch he made in IPZ2
[11:36:29] <Mystic> Yeah, I have no idea how he did that
[11:36:45] <Mystic> I'm GUESSING he used the change sector tag linedef executor
[11:36:51] <Mystic> But _damn_ would that be complex
[11:38:23] <DarkWarrior> Sounds like he's going all-out with this.
[11:38:33] <DarkWarrior> I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, though... :\

Very nice mod. Torgo. Congratulations on a job well done. I look forward for your next release of the mod.

Sonict

Sonict said:
This is a mod that should be included in 1.1.
I didn't hear any reasons supporting that, which is like saying, "I liek this wad because it'z teh cooolz." <.< Explain why this is "worthy" of being in 1.1, please.

on Edge said:
Sonict said:
I didn't hear any reasons supporting that, which is like saying, "I liek this wad because it'z teh cooolz." <.< Explain why this is "worthy" of being in 1.1, please.

Fine. Here is why I think it should be in 1.1

1) It is a recreation of SRB1
2) It shows off how well the "Crappy 2D Mode" can be used for
3) It has a couple of gimmicks like the puzzle switch in "Ice Palace Zone 2" that you could use in your own levels
4) Since it is a recreation of the original game, this should be considered to be a secret in 1.1.

Sonict

Sonict said:
on Edge said:
Sonict said:

Fine. Here is why I think it should be in 1.1

1) It is a recreation of SRB1
2) It shows off how well the "Crappy 2D Mode" can be used for
3) It has a couple of gimmicks like the puzzle switch in "Ice Palace Zone 2" that you could use in your own levels
4) Since it is a recreation of the original game, this should be considered to be a secret in 1.1.

Sonict

That might work, A SRB1 version secret?

[I don't know what to say next, But it might work]

I definately think this would be cool in 1.1. It features the best 2D levels evar, but using Ice Palace 2 as an example is really stretching it.

Also, Mystic, I hate to brake it to you, but I'm pretty sure Ice Palace 2 just uses several FOFs. Each button FOF lowers, and another button FOF rises to take its place. As for the platform with the symbols, same concept, just with insta-raise and lowers.

And yeah, I'm positive it isn't a tag-changing executor. I tried that on NSZ2 and the whole thing sigsevved. :/

BZ4 is correct about the button. I couldn't get tag changing sectors to work the way I wanted them to, so I had to use change ceiling y and pic and change floor y and pic and stuff.

I don't know if this is a bump or not but i found a bug in skylab, you know those crushers right? if you grab onto one as knuckles, when it crushes and goes back up, if your low enough you get propelled at high speeds.

Not climb the crushers, or not climb anything?

Becuase if it's the latter, I can see Kroze ranting about how you're nerfing Knux along with everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back